• (15-3) Furman @ (14-4) Wofford Jan. 19

#9039  by GOAT
 Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm
Fessor wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 am
tya1 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:18 pm
There are some lawyers on this board aren't there? Can we get a cease and desist order to prevent whining, handwringing, and self pity around here?

At least until sometime AFTER the season. The moaning over a 15-3 record with all 3 losses being on the road as underdogs is ridiculous.
HEREBY GRANTED!

HEREOF FAIL NOT.

The Dishonorable Judge CharlieFU
I believe this website is based in Georgia, which would be outside your jurisdiction.

Case dismissed.

Thanks very much. Officer Burrell has some documents for you to sign.
Judge CharlieFU, I believe you need to educate some posters on "minimum contacts".
 #9041  by furman86
 Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 pm
tya1 wrote:There are some lawyers on this board aren't there? Can we get a cease and desist order to prevent whining, handwringing, and self pity around here?

At least until sometime AFTER the season. The moaning over a 15-3 record with all 3 losses being on the road as underdogs is ridiculous.
I am a lawyer. Are you sure we are the ones who won't engage in "whining, handwringing, and self-pity"? We get paid by the hour to do that.
GOAT liked this
 #9051  by Flagman
 Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:30 am
We've shown that we can play some really good basketball.
We've shown that we can play some really bad basketball.

That's all I've got to say about that.
QCGlue liked this
 #9053  by Flagman
 Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:34 am
Just got an email from Wofford (somehow I'm on their mailing list) asking season ticket holders to turn in any tickets they'll be unable to use on Saturday, so they can fill them with ankle biters fans (my words) to maintain their reputation as "the best home court advantage" in the SoCon.

BTW, ESPN gives Wofford and 83% change of winning. Put that on the locker room bulletin board, coach.
QCGlue liked this
 #9054  by FU03times
 Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:34 pm
stonemd wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 am
Are we a better team this year?
I thought we are but we looked awfully good in those highlights.
That game came after a long losing streak (well not really, it was just a very inconsistent period where we had lost 5 of our last 8 games, including the 2 before playing WC), our boys were hungry like a pack of wolves. That crowd was the best crowd that Timmons had ever seen up to date. That game was probably the best game we played last year.

This year's team has something special, and they've done it all so early in the season. Playing conference games has allowed us to see the areas where we need to grow and I am very confident that we will address those and bounce back fast. Only difference was that last year we had these lessons come up early and ended up repeating some mistakes. I think the only thing we have repeated this year, is the LSU mistakes when we played at ETSU (so when we played a similar team). We're not better or worse. It's a different team, and let's just appreciate both teams for what they have brought to the program.

One thing is for sure- we are growing, developing, and the fans are here from early on. I cannot wait to play Wofford this Saturday, and I am most excited for playing them at home. Let's go get it Dins!!!
 #9055  by Affirm
 Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm
Flagman wrote:
Just got an email from Wofford (somehow I'm on their mailing list) asking season ticket holders to turn in any tickets they'll be unable to use on Saturday, so they can fill them with ankle biters fans (my words) to maintain their reputation as "the best home court advantage" in the SoCon.

BTW, ESPN gives Wofford and 83% change of winning. Put that on the locker room bulletin board, coach.
Wofford was really, really brilliant to think of that tactic! ("... asking season ticket holders to turn in … tickets … unable to use on Saturday, so they can fill [seats] with [their] fans … to maintain …[additional} home court advantage".
Perhaps some day Furman might decide that is a good tactic and might even gather the energy to carry out such a plan.
Or maybe there's no need and/or no will to do so.
 #9056  by CharlieFU
 Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:30 pm
affirm wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm
Flagman wrote:

Wofford was really, really brilliant to think of that tactic! ("... asking season ticket holders to turn in … tickets … unable to use on Saturday, so they can fill [seats] with [their] fans … to maintain …[additional} home court advantage".
Perhaps some day Furman might decide that is a good tactic and might even gather the energy to carry out such a plan.
Or maybe there's no need and/or no will to do so.

Though not public, i know they have made similar efforts at Furman. Perhaps they could do more, but it is not being ignored
Fessor liked this
 #9069  by dinhead
 Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:02 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:20 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:45 pm
FWIW I see Woffy and ETSU battling for 1-2. Then UNCG finishing 3rd. Then a cluster battling for 4-5 seeds including FU, WCU, Chatty, Mercer and Sammy. VMI and Citadel battle for 9-10.
So we're going to have to surprise 3 or 4 teams at tournament time, or else be disappointed once again, by having the 39th consecutive year of absence from the NCAA tournament (1981 through 2019) and by having the 45th consecutive year since winning a game in the NCAA tournament (our one and only ever, 1974).
Would just have to surprise 2 if we finish 4th or 5th. First game would be against either the 4 or 5th place team and then would only have two games against either WC, ET or UNCG. 3 games total to win the tourney which is the least amount anyone can win to win it. Lower than 5 then yes it would be 3 surprises needed.
Good point. The top 5 is where we really need to be and we're in good shape to finish at least 4 or 5.
 #9086  by soconjohn
 Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:30 am
All that matters is Asheville, and no matter where you finish in the Top 6, you will have to beat one or three good teams...I don't see how it matters...The regular-season matters less in the SoCon this year than ever before...Furman just needs to finish in Top 6...That guarantees a bye...From there, Furman will have to beat teams like UNCG, ETSU, Wofford etc. no matter whether it is quarterfinals, semifinals or title game.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.