• Scrimmage tomorrow ???

#89150  by Flagman
 Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:55 pm
Has anyone heard about a scrimmage tomorrow? Time?
 #89151  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:07 pm
Flagman wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:55 pm
Has anyone heard about a scrimmage tomorrow? Time?
I think I heard it mentioned in an interview but you know FU they like to kerp things secret.
 #89169  by FU3
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:25 am
Watched most of the scrimmage … pretty typical pre season affair with the D being ahead. A few random thoughts. On O a couple of players stood out. Joshua Burrell is going to be a very tough match up for a lot of teams.I think Gavin Hall is going to this years Colton Hinton , runs hard and sees the field well for a true Fr. I will be very surprised if Cason Jones isn’t the starter, looked the best out of young QB’s. Our D will be fine , our young safeties were very solid . Going to be some growing pains but this group has the potential to be a very good football team.
FUBeAR, gman84 liked this
 #89171  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:47 am
FU3 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:25 am
Watched most of the scrimmage … pretty typical pre season affair with the D being ahead. A few random thoughts. On O a couple of players stood out. Joshua Burrell is going to be a very tough match up for a lot of teams.I think Gavin Hall is going to this years Colton Hinton , runs hard and sees the field well for a true Fr. I will be very surprised if Cason Jones isn’t the starter, looked the best out of young QB’s. Our D will be fine , our young safeties were very solid . Going to be some growing pains but this group has the potential to be a very good football team.
Thanks - based on what you saw - understand it may have been extremely limited … but you’re saying Jones is #1 …

OK - who is #2 - Garcia or Hedden?
 #89176  by FU3
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:43 pm
They played about the same amount of reps but based solely on today I would think it would be Garcia.Hard for a true Fr ( even one with his arm talent) to adjust to the speed difference at this level.
FUBeAR liked this
 #89178  by cavedweller2
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:55 pm
Am we win?
Bootie liked this
 #89184  by AllTimeFU
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:12 pm
It sounds like the OL will be more mobile. That could play well if we are going to be more of a fast paced offense. Were there any surprises on the OL today? I saw in a prior post that there were some timing issues on the Center/QB snaps. Do you think that’s due to the QB carrousel? Each with a different cadence and each getting a bunch of practice snaps.
 #89188  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:38 pm
Carsnn Jones will be the starter. Heard CCH in an interview say all 3 QB’s do some things well meaning none of them do everything well. At this point you would hope you would have a QB that does everything well but with little to no experience it is understandable.
 #89204  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:39 am
Has anyone heard any details on Fan Day? Similar to today? When do we expect to name QB1?
 #89205  by AstroDin
 Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:52 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:38 pm
Carsnn Jones will be the starter. Heard CCH in an interview say all 3 QB’s do some things well meaning none of them do everything well. At this point you would hope you would have a QB that does everything well but with little to no experience it is understandable.
I think every player has some things they do well at and other things they need to work on, much like we all do.
I told Gman I thought the three quarterbacks got the ball out quickly. All three of the passes were thrown with impressive accuracy. We have talent at QB.

In my opinion, the upside is that this year, over the last, will be the deep ball. I was impressed with the deep ball drills. All three were throwing 40-yard plus deep balls with a lot of air for the receivers to run under them.

Hedden's looked the most on target.
Garcia's were the prettiest.
Jones was also very consistent.
 #89209  by The Jackal
 Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:18 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:12 pm
It sounds like the OL will be more mobile. That could play well if we are going to be more of a fast paced offense. Were there any surprises on the OL today? I saw in a prior post that there were some timing issues on the Center/QB snaps. Do you think that’s due to the QB carrousel? Each with a different cadence and each getting a bunch of practice snaps.
Timing issues aren't uncommon when you get in a game-like scenario.

I'm wondering if we won't see a more robust screen game this year with some of our elusive backs and receivers and OL that can run.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.