• Starting QB this upcoming season?

#88730  by The Jackal
 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:20 am
Listening to Hendrix, I suspect the QB spot will be up for grabs. He noted this is the first time in a long while that there's been enough depth and talent at the position to really have a competition for the spot.

Hedden, I am sure, has a shot. I suspect, though, that Jones - a guy that has been in the program for three years and has already demonstrated an ability to win games as the starting QB - probably has the inside track.

My personal opinion is that Furman's program is in a spot where we do not necessarily need to let a true freshman QB "learn on the go." The experience with talented freshmen QBs tends to be a roller coaster - some really high weeks, some really low. I think Furman has demonstrated enough staying power to rely more on a steady veteran who provides weekly consistency.
 #88739  by The Jackal
 Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:18 pm
I am still of the opinion that regardless of who the QB is, the '24 team has the potential to be one of the best passing offenses we've seen at Furman in 20 years.

All three of these guys can spin it and we're as deep at receiver as we've potentially have ever been.

I suspect that this year, and moreso than in year's past, Furman is going to spread teams out. With Huff at QB, Furman was content to keep things tight and bully ball you to death with big backs, a running QB, and a short play action passing game to the TEs and backs.
 #88794  by apaladin
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:50 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:59 pm
I expect Jackal to be at every practice starting Wednesday and give us an in depth review. TIA. 😀
I suspect the coaches will start the player that gives them the best chance to win.
Not just talking about QB, I want a full report every day. :lol:
 #88810  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:14 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:51 pm
AP, you live in GVegas. I think a daily report with a perspective only you could provide, would be quite interesting. :D
…and uplifting, no doubt.
gman84 liked this
 #88814  by apaladin
 Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:08 am
gman84 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:51 pm
AP, you live in GVegas. I think a daily report with a perspective only you could provide, would be quite interesting. :D
Something to think about but I know they practice early and I don’t get up that early. :lol:
gman84 liked this
 #88960  by The Jackal
 Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:54 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:35 pm
Isaac Ward? Never heard of him but just noticed he is listed on the roster.
He was a surprising name when the roster updated a few weeks ago. There hasn't been an announcement from the school as far as I've seen.

Not sure where he fits in the puzzle. From a brief search, he put up big passing numbers at Clark Central (2500+ yards and 36 TDs) in Athens (Georgia 5A) and was region player of the year.

Not a big guy (5'10), but from everything I've seen even going back to his high school days, he seems like a pocket passer that throws a bunch of dimes. Some of the throws on this video are pretty impressive.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.