• FU HOOPS DOC

#88268  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:03 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:39 am
Amazon is holding up the project.....

ITs coming out we just don't know when. Its already filmed and editited.
Maybe to be released just before the new season, would seem like a good time as college basketball fans just start getting in the mood for hoops content?!?
 #88283  by FurmanFan23
 Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:11 pm
Yeah I would think so as well. Hopefully it gets published ASAP. All that I know is that it is waiting for a home to be streamed on. Rn would be a good time since there is a lack of College Hoops news/games
FU Hoopla liked this
 #88742  by Sad Din
 Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:37 pm
IMHO and to state the obviuos... unless there is one heck-a-va back story... they missed the window.

Last fall just as the Bball season was starting would have been the perfect timing
 #88773  by paladinfan12
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:36 pm
Sad Din wrote:
IMHO and to state the obviuos... unless there is one heck-a-va back story... they missed the window.

Last fall just as the Bball season was starting would have been the perfect timing
Agreed... I will gladly watch this one, but the chance for a cult following on the documentary I think is gone.
KingPaladin liked this
 #88848  by KingPaladin
 Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:18 pm
Sad Din wrote:

Yes two years later after nearly everyone has transferred from that team is a bit late. Fans will love it but it won't create hype, especially after they gave a release date at one of the games
paladinfan12 liked this
 #89045  by PaladinPower
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:32 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:57 pm
Still silence........................
Yep been over 6 months since the season ended. Plenty of time to have put it together by now. Mostly likeky not happening and too late now anyway
It is now out on Amazon Prime. It’s too late now, though, so apaladin won’t be watching.
Roundball liked this
 #89053  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:43 pm
Just watched episode one and am very impressed. A little sad it’s only 5 episodes which makes me think the orginal release date had more content :( and Amazon made some cuts
 #89054  by PaladinPower
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:51 pm
At the release party back in February at the Peace Center it was advertised as only a 5 part series so don’t think Amazon had much to do with it. The fact it costs money for even Prime members tells me it was a hard sell to get on their platform which is surprising! But I am bias. I’m enjoying it.
 #89056  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:16 pm
Ok that makes me feel better. I was thinking since it has taken a eternity since the original release that Amazon wanted to cut
 #89060  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:34 pm
Glad its out!
$18 is nothing to me to watch and other Furman fans will gladly pay that as well, but unfortunately that means others outside the FU community won't really see it...
Hoped it would be included with my Prime membership so that way many more Basketball fans outside the FU community would wind up watching it.
I do however understand the fact that this project needs a way to make its money back....
 #89064  by FurmanFan23
 Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:26 am
Same I think the price tag is going to hurt its potential to be a cult classic. I wanted some last chance U back story and filming but overall was happy with the final product.

If your a Furman fan it is definitely worth the price of admissions
 #89067  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:02 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:34 pm
Glad its out!
$18 is nothing to me to watch and other Furman fans will gladly pay that as well, but unfortunately that means others outside the FU community won't really see it...
Hoped it would be included with my Prime membership so that way many more Basketball fans outside the FU community would wind up watching it.
I do however understand the fact that this project needs a way to make its money back....
After waiting this long $17.98 is not going to keep me from buying it. I feel we owe it to the producer anyway.
MNORM liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.