• (12-0) #24 Furman @ LSU Friday Dec. 21st

#8399  by gofurman
 Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:25 pm
Compared to LSU we didn't have depth down low. I watched second half. Rafferty etc were WAY overmatched on block. LSU plan to beat Furman by 15+. -- Shoot. Miss. Grab O rebound. DUNK. WITH. AUTHORITY. We All coulda coached LSU to a win tonight.

they were just too big and strong in paint.

We are a smart and scrappy team but we are too small etc in paint for a team like LSU barring a great three point shooting night. At one point the rebound count was about 36 LSU to 20 Furman. Just too big a discrepancy. Too big and strong for us

Let's move on to SoCon
 #8413  by furpop16
 Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 am
Don't know if this makes me feel any better, but the other cinderella team this year Buffalo lost 103-85 or 18 points just like FU Friday.

Woulda been fun to have been the lone Cinderella, but if our chariot had to turn into a pumpkin I'm glad Buffalo's did, too. Makes the bad news read more like fate https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college ... 6d23d.html
Last edited by furpop16 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #8414  by Flagman
 Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 am
Don't know if this makes me feel any better, but the other cinderella team this year Buffalo lost 103-85 or 18 points just like FU Friday.
Doesn't make me feel better.
On to conference play. Beat the bucs.
 #8427  by soconjohn
 Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 am
Not a conspiracy theorist....But go look at the play-by-play of the game...six of first seven fouls called on FU bigs in the first half, meaning Furman's Mounce, Gurley and Rafferty all had two first half fouls...Second half shows Mounce had four with 19:06 left I think.
 #8429  by furman88
 Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:19 am
Not saying ref's cost the game either but they did let the game go physical for sure and LSU's bigs definately had the advantage with their bulk. Rafferty was on the floor continuosly. We couldn't match up in the paint LSU owned that area.
 #8446  by tya1
 Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:03 pm
We hurt ourselves with poor play. Some guys picked up pointless fouls that took them out of the game early. We didn't have that added patience when confronted with LSU's defensive pressure. We needed to make pass or shot fakes because they were very aggressive and would have gone for the fakes.

Their 6'11" and 6'10" starting big men combined for 19 points, which isn't overwhelming dominance inside. They did get 10 rebounds each but that is to be expected with our poor shooting. LSU had a huge rebounding advantage but most were defensive rebounds. There was only a 4 rebound advantage on the offensive boards. We are likely to struggle in any game where we shoot under 30% from three point range.

BTW, Kansas lost their first game of the year yesterday. They went on the road and were knocked of by Arizona State. Buffalo lost on the road too. Maybe there is a pattern.
Bootie liked this
 #8453  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:41 pm
When the other team has 14 turnovers in the first half and you're still behind you're in trouble. We did not play well or or more importantly shoot well.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.