• (12-0) #24 Furman @ LSU Friday Dec. 21st

#8236  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 pm
MNORM wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:33 pm
gman wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:43 am
It is free on the ESPN app. You can watch it on your big screen.
Hate to be the one to bring bad news but the game is not free or even accessible to most. Unless you pay extra for the SEC package you don’t get SEC+.
I have ESPN3, pay for ESPN+ and I have the basic SEC network but I cannot watch SEC+. Apparently it’s linked to your cable package. So...if you have ATT U-verse without the add-on sports package you’re out of luck.
Anyone else know of a way to watch the game apart from driving to Baton Rouge? Viewing party?

I have the regular espn/espn3 package, but right now I am watching Wofford vs. Miss. St. which is on SECNetwork+ just like our game with LSU, so I would think as long as you have the espn package you can watch our game from watchespn on Friday
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3460031/23-furman-vs-lsu
 #8237  by MNORM
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:10 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
gman wrote:
Hate to be the one to bring bad news but the game is not free or even accessible to most. Unless you pay extra for the SEC package you don’t get SEC+.
I have ESPN3, pay for ESPN+ and I have the basic SEC network but I cannot watch SEC+. Apparently it’s linked to your cable package. So...if you have ATT U-verse without the add-on sports package you’re out of luck.
Anyone else know of a way to watch the game apart from driving to Baton Rouge? Viewing party?

I have the regular espn/espn3 package, but right now I am watching Wofford vs. Miss. St. which is on SECNetwork+ just like our game with LSU, so I would think as long as you have the espn package you can watch our game from watchespn on Friday
Not for me on U-verse. Chatting with customer service
Last edited by MNORM on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #8238  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:12 pm
MNORM wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
gman wrote:

Interesting, I have Charter so maybe there is a difference
 #8239  by MNORM
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
gman wrote:

I'm being told it's a technical issue that some customers are experiencing. So annoying.
U-verse sucks out loud.
 #8240  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:21 pm
MNORM wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
gman wrote:

I'm being told it's a technical issue that some customers are experiencing. So annoying.
U-verse sucks out loud.

Ah ok that makes sense, hopefully they get it sorted for you by 8pm friday at least!
 #8244  by MNORM
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:32 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:21 pm
MNORM wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
MNORM wrote:
gman wrote:

U-verse sucks out loud.

Ah ok that makes sense, hopefully they get it sorted for you by 8pm friday at least!
They better...otherwise I'm done with them. Been looking for an excuse to get rid of U-verse.
 #8245  by Flagman
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 pm
I’m having a viewing party at my house. I have Dish network and it appears I’ll have access to SECN+.

My bad, not ESPN+.
 #8251  by MNORM
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm
Flagman wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 pm
I’m having a viewing party at my house. I have Dish network and it appears I’ll have access to ESPN+.
The game isn't on ESPN+...it's on SEC+. I'd test out your SEC+ access just to make sure. SEC+ is dependent upon your TV subscription and is independent of whether or not you bought ESPN+. It runs on the ESPN app but has nothing to do with ESPN+.

I'm being told to try again in the morning...I'm not optimistic. If you have U-Verse you should try to stream SEC+ ahead of time to see if you're having the same issues I'm having and send in a help ticket.
 #8255  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 pm
I have DirecTV. I have ESPN, the sports package the SEC network and subscribe to ESPN+ online. When I try to watch an SEC+ or ACC+ game on my Roku it says it is not part of my package but on the other hand I can watch it online on my computer without a problem. Probably a Roku problem.
 #8257  by Flagman
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:31 pm
I'll be plugging the computer into the TV for the big screen affect.
 #8262  by gman
 Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:42 am
MNORM wrote:
gman wrote:
SEC+ is free for most. I know it’s free for Charter customers.
 #8263  by gman
 Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:53 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:13 pm
Not that we needed any more motivation than we already have, but.....................
http://www.cbssports.com/general/video/ ... 21833f871c
If he watched Auburn at NC State last night, he would have seen terrible basketball. Auburn was ranked 7th but looked awful. It was an up and down the court, turnover filed game. Virginia vs. the Shamecocks was bad basketball too.
 #8267  by MNORM
 Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:22 am
gman wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:42 am
MNORM wrote:
gman wrote:
SEC+ is free for most. I know it’s free for Charter customers.
Oh I know. I just watched a game on SEC+ last week. U-Verse is experiencing technical issues with their verification process through the ESPN platform. I'll be testing it out Friday around lunch when there's a WBB game on. If it's still not fixed I have a friend's DirectTV login that should work.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.