• Furman at Montana

#82404  by OldGriz
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:53 pm
FUDude wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:44 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Will there be snow on the playing surface?
I doubt it, the little skiff we got last night will melt before the game starts. Walking on the greenbelt right now and its prefect weather for football. Plus the Grizz fans tears wont freeze on their faces walking home after the game.
I bet your excited to meet up with all the other Furman Alumni! Oh Jeffy
 #82410  by OldGriz
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:01 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:59 pm
It really is very mild for this time of the year. Weather will not be a factor.
 #82417  by FUDude
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:05 pm
I have been in Missoula for 3 days and here is what I have gathered in my short time here.

There are no possums
Missoula people are very friendly and accommodating
Missoula and Lolo have great breweries and places to eat.
Missoula and Lolo have incredible bars, local places that have been around for 50-100 years not new cookiecutter places
eGriz is filled with trolls and sub 70 IQs
Montana relies on their crowd noise to win games not their talent.
Montana relies on weather to win games not their talent.
Montana relies on made up bulletin board material to win games not their talent.
eGriz and their posters are half of one % of their fan base and are disliked in the community
Message board bravado is more important than football talk, hasn't been a real football post in 2 days
eGriz posters are snakes that slither onto other boards then copy posts and slather them all over Twitter and their site so they can have controlled conversations with no dissenting opinions.

Love Montana, the lakes the rivers the breweries, the food and the people.

Hate eGriz and the fat trolls that post there and hide behind keyboards like vermin they are. The reason they got so upset with our QB Huffs comments on being athletic is evident when you see the guys that post the most. The only thing athletic about them is their ability to hit the 7th plate at Golden Corral
FUBeAR, Davemeister liked this
 #82421  by gofurman
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:55 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:12 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:50 am
Montana fans are ultra sensitive.

I saw this. Just a bunch of trolling.

Two take aways:

1. If these Montana folks had followed Furman for more than two days, they'd know that our coaches frequently note we are not the most athletic team in the conference. We are clearly the best team in the SoCon, but Hendrix will frequently say that we are not the most talented. Huff was complimentary of Montana's defense, their tackling, and team approach.

2. Huff isn't one bit intimidated by Montana.
Right - our OWN COACH says we aren't the most athletic or talented team
 #82426  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:44 pm
greenheadMT wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:33 am
I think you guys are lying to yourselves. You know it’s not the same if you say it about yourself or your team. I can promise with 100% certainty that the same comment from the Montana QB would’ve generated the same reaction amongst some fans.
With all due respect you don't know us that well. We REVEL in the idea that we are "smaller and slower and maybe less athletic, but will whip your butt" mentality. App St, Masha and Ga Southern were always bigger stronger faster....but...the results speak for themselves.
 #82431  by cavedweller2
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:05 pm
The drama begin on the bus ride over……..
FUBeAR liked this
 #82438  by FUTex
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:18 pm
Its a wild one so far.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.