• FURMAN NSD 19

#8171  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:03 am
Jack Barton 6-4 235 SDE High 2-Star
20 plus know offers. 10 FBS offers.
GSU, WesternMI, Citadel, TTU, Southern Miss, Mercer, UMass, James Madison, JSU, Holy Cross, GaSt, EasternMI, EKU, Cornell, Charlotte, BallSt, Austin Peay, Army, ArkSt.
Last edited by AstroDin on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #8172  by fufanatic
Astro, maybe you can clear something up for me ... when you say offer, does that mean that that particular school wanted to provide said player with a full ride scholarship? Because even though Rutgers is dog crap, if they wanted to give Jumper a full ride to play in the Big Ten and he chose us, that's absolutely remarkable. Same with App. I'm impressed we can keep beating them out with how impressive they've been in FBS so far.
 #8173  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:07 am
fufanatic wrote:
Astro, maybe you can clear something up for me ... when you say offer, does that mean that that particular school wanted to provide said player with a full ride scholarship? Because even though Rutgers is dog crap, if they wanted to give Jumper a full ride to play in the Big Ten and he chose us, that's absolutely remarkable. Same with App. I'm impressed we can keep beating them out with how impressive they've been in FBS so far.
great question…I'm on vacation so I had time to kinda research and plan for today. Here's what I'm doing, I check Rivals, 247 Sports, then I've gone through each players twitter feed and hand counted they're tweeted offers by each school. These are full-ride offers — schools now make a big deal out of the offer - actually design a DM tweet. So I'm confident in what's listed. And we should be excited — this is a helluva class.
dornb liked this
 #8174  by Bootie
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:09 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:58 am
Congrats Jack Barton — welcome to the family.
What are the numbers on Barton? Dude looks tiny for a DL.
dornb liked this
 #8175  by fufanatic
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:13 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:07 am
fufanatic wrote:
great question…I'm on vacation so I had time to kinda research and plan for today. Here's what I'm doing, I check Rivals, 247 Sports, then I've gone through each players twitter feed and hand counted they're tweeted offers by each school. These are full-ride offers — schools now make a big deal out of the offer - actually design a DM tweet. So I'm confident in what's listed. And we should be excited — this is a helluva class.
That's awesome. Thanks for your hard work. If I'm Jumper, I guess the decision might have come down to do I want to be on a team that will win 2-3 games tops in one of the best leagues in the country and may or may not see the field, or go somewhere close to home where I can compete to play right away and also compete for conference titles and play in the playoffs. Plus an elite education. Not everyone would choose the later over the former, but some do. And for that I'm very thankful.
 #8176  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:13 am
Bootie wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:09 am
AstroDin wrote:
What are the numbers on Barton? Dude looks tiny for a DL.
6-4 235… check out his film Bootie - he does have the frame to get bigger — another BIG pickup.
 #8178  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 am
We've learned not to put much stock in star ratings — but I do think offers are a way to evaluate - still, a player like Devin Wynn slips through. We have to remember Furman was Wynn's offer FBS offer.

Jumper, McCormick, and Barton had 59 offers. And most of the others had 9 or more each.
 #8180  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 am
Devonté Jones 6-2 305 DT High 2-Star
9 known offers.
AFA, Army, Navy, Morgan St, Citadel, Wofford, Old Dominion, AlaSt.
 #8181  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:09 pm
Looks like we have everyone in for this class.

The only name I think that is a scholarship offer, commit, and didn’t sign today was Slay.
 #8182  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:11 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:09 pm
Looks like we have everyone in for this class.

The only name I think that is a scholarship offer, commit, and didn’t sign today was Slay.
 #8183  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:11 pm
AstroDin wrote:
He’s been “in the family” since 1978.

Uncle HKB60 was an All SoCon OLman and part of 4 SoCon Championship Teams.
 #8185  by JohnW
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:09 pm
Coach said two commitments asked if they could sign in Feb and were granted permission. Three commitments did not sign today: Slay, Kimmelman, and the DB from Alabama. The latter only committed this week so not surprising.
 #8188  by bj93
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:17 pm
Awesome work Astro. Do you have any info on the last guy to sign Dominic Roberto?

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.