• UTC/APSU AT FURMAN DEC. 2ND 1:00 PM

#81183  by gofurman
 Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:22 am
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:01 pm
There's a chance we won't get to Peay on Dec. 2. Might better branch one in the meantime.

Just in case, I hope gofurman is still skeered of the Mocs.
Dave, I am very skeered.
 #81191  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:58 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:57 am
Hope we get a decent crowd!
Hope so too, but we make it pretty difficult for outsiders to buy tickets. Went to the ticket site to see about extra tickets as a guest. Clicked on seats to see price and add to cart just didn’t work.
 #81192  by Roundball
 Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:21 am
apaladin wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
Hope so too, but we make it pretty difficult for outsiders to buy tickets. Went to the ticket site to see about extra tickets as a guest. Clicked on seats to see price and add to cart just didn’t work.
It must have been a glitch in the system. I just tried and it worked smoothly.
 #81200  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:45 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:21 am
apaladin wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
It must have been a glitch in the system. I just tried and it worked smoothly.
Musta been as it is working now. This might be a good time for an easy access place to buy tickets as we could have a decent walk up crowd wanting to buy tickets in person since it will be the only game in the state/area.
 #81204  by gofurman
 Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:04 am
Paul C wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:23 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:42 pm
People say that last game between them and us is irrelevant. I can go with that

The most relevant piece we have is the one common opponent.
Furman 16- ETSU 8
APSU. 63. ETSU 3

There is some relevance. We couldn’t have scored 60 points given 8 quarters of play. It’s just true
When are you gonna learn….you can’t cherry pick one game and apply transitive properties.

Going into last week we could have said hey ETSU beat Wofford 41-10 and we beat ETSU 16-8, therefore…..

So much of this game is mental and intangible you just can’t pick a game from 3 months ago and have it mean crap.
Paul, that's not fair. Yes ETSU beat Wofford and We beat ETSU. But we were missing HUUUUGE pieces of our offense in the Wofford game. So the transitive might have been just fine but for them there injuries - and let's admit I have been focused on injuries for 20 years !!!

Injuries and MATCHUPS> MATCHUPS MATCHUPS MATCHUPS MATCHUPS MATCHUPS MATCHUPS MATCHUPS - we do better vs a run heavy offense. I am constantly amazed how little people focus on Matchups.

Our front 7 is strong either way but is better vs a run team. Unfortunately APU is a pass heavy team. We would also prefer to play a team (see Carolina, Western) that can't stop our run game. In both scenarios we do better vs a team that runs and that we can run on (look at our offense when our run game went to crap last week vs Wofford). We HAVE to be able to run some. Wofford was an injury game I know just using it as an example of a game we couldn't run. We couldn't run on UTC and we escaped. We could run on Mercer and Western Carolina and we did well and scored more in those games.

We ran for over 200 on Mercer and well over 300 on Western Carolina. When we can run is when we can win much easier.
 #81208  by The Jackal
 Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:02 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 pm
I guess I have to say UTC. One it looks good for SoCon. Two I have seen hold them in check with our D already

UTC winning would guarantee the advancement of at least one SoCon team, which would be good all things considered.

Furman beat UTC, on the road, with a backup QB, in a game where this happened:

Our defense has shown an ability to shut the Mocs' offense down. They are tough defensively, but I think we've got a lot more to throw at them.
 #81211  by gofurman
 Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:42 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:02 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 pm
I guess I have to say UTC. One it looks good for SoCon. Two I have seen hold them in check with our D already

UTC winning would guarantee the advancement of at least one SoCon team, which would be good all things considered.

Furman beat UTC, on the road, with a backup QB, in a game where this happened:

Our defense has shown an ability to shut the Mocs' offense down. They are tough defensively, but I think we've got a lot more to throw at them.
Same thoughts here

Of course some people say “it’s hard to beat the same team twice”. And I get that. But I’ll take the devil I know vs the devil I don’t. We can D up on utc

Go SoCon
 #81219  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:06 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:14 am
The latest projections from espn on the eve of the playoffs. Have UTC losing and Mercer wnning. Show FU as #10.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... kota-state
Furman has gotten zero respect from the national media. They assume we are a paper tiger in a weak conference.

The only way to change the narrative is going to be for us to go on the road and win in the Montanas or Dakotas. That's the only thing that will change perception.
 #81225  by Paul C
 Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:14 pm
Chattanooga playing their backup QB today. I know Artopeous sat out the Bama game but I guess he’s still hurt.