• Furman vs. Liberty Nov. 16th (MBI First Round)

#80450  by Sad Din
 Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:03 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:57 pm
Foster having a career game. Congratulations to him.
yep and pegues scores 20 all in the 2nd H. crazy.

Lots of missed layups and bad passes inside. Dins should have been up by 10 after 1st H

Also, upper class not contributing
 #80455  by Paul C
 Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:09 pm
Bootie wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:04 pm
Well that was not what anyone was expecting.
I sorta did especially when I found out Hughey wasn’t playing. This is the toughest team on our schedule this year outside of Arkansas.

Not having Alex and Hughey, who are arguably our #3 and #4 scoring options really hurt tonite. Foster and JP can’t do it all.

Will need Hein and Whitt to step up tomorrow to beat Coastal. And maybe start seeing something from PJay. Bowser looked like a Fr tonite.

Learn from it. Grow from it. We will be fine.

But like I’ve said for months, the bandwagon will be a lot smaller on Dec 15th. This is a very difficult early schedule and we have a lot of growing to do.
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #80456  by Paladin91
 Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:10 pm
We surely missed Bothwell and Slawson’s D tonight. Offensively some other guys need to get in the mix. I really saw little movement in our offense compared to Liberty. Hien, Vanderwal, and PJ not on the target. Trust that CBR will make adjustments. We also got very few O rebounds against a smaller team.
 #80460  by FurmAlum
 Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:33 pm
I thought the effort was good tonight but Liberty exposed some weaknesses we have especially without Hughey and Williams in the lineup.

Our defense was not very good as Liberty wore us out on the dribble drive and kickout. They hit everything they shot in the second half partly because they were getting easy shots. The other part was blind luck.

On offense we didn't shoot the ball well except for Foster and Pegues and they can't do it all. PJ's shots weren't going in but give the guy a break, it's only his third game. I think he will be fine after he gets a few more games behind him.

These early season tournament games are important to learn from to get better. Remember we lost several early last year. Playing an early season cupcake schedule is a mistake.

I expected some bumps in the road but we will get better. I wouldn't mind a rematch with these guys in the NCAA Tournament. With Hughey and Williams.
dornb liked this
 #80474  by Paul C
 Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:18 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:16 pm
We will get blasted by another top midmajor Princeton if we play like this when we go up there
Not to mention PC, UAB and Tulane.
And there my prediction about the bandwagon shedding coming true
apaladin, Roundball liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.