#8013  by fufanatic
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:54 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:39 pm
FU comes in at #24 in this weeks AP Top 25 Poll
https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

So Villanova is finally below us, however Houston and Indiana jumped us
We gained in total points from 189 to 208
Just goes to show that we will be out of the polls following our first loss, and probably won't make it back unless the team wins 10-12 games in a row at least. That's OK though. We are still in very good shape to compete favorably in the SoCon and potentially position ourselves as an at-large contender.
dornb, FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #8042  by Flagman
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 pm
Appropriate name for their message board. Most of the posts I read would be considered droppings. They're obviously not expecting a big crowd.
 #8048  by cavedweller2
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:31 pm
Sounds Familiar. First post I read. Copied and pasted.

"For years, one of the biggest excuses for poor attendance at the non-conference basketball games by students and the general public was because the opponent was always bad. People bitched and moaned asking why we can't play ranked non-conference opponents at home. You finally go your wish. And this is a huge game for both teams, not just LSU.

Students, in the baton rouge area especially, its time to show up or shut up. If there aren't more than the usual 25 students in the student section LSU shouldn't even bother giving yall free admission anymore."
dornb and 1 others liked this
 #8064  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm
Flagman wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 pm
Appropriate name for their message board. Most of the posts I read would be considered droppings. They're obviously not expecting a big crowd.
Indeed!
 #8065  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:

"For years, one of the biggest excuses for poor attendance at the non-conference basketball games by students and the general public was because the opponent was always bad. People bitched and moaned asking why we can't play ranked non-conference opponents at home. You finally go your wish. And this is a huge game for both teams, not just LSU.

Students, in the baton rouge area especially, its time to show up or shut up. If there aren't more than the usual 25 students in the student section LSU shouldn't even bother giving yall free admission anymore."
I presume like many schools, most of LSU's student body will be elsewhere this time of year.
 #8070  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:03 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:

I presume like many schools, most of LSU's student body will be elsewhere this time of year.
Correct
 #8091  by CharlieFU
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:46 am
Sadly, even if we beat LSU, I think we do not win at large bid, unless MAYBE we go 16-2 in the SoCon, and make it to finals of SoCon tourney. Too early to talk about this.

It would be great if we could win socon regular season championship, which guarantees an NIT bid.

Just keep winning!
 #8095  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:25 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:46 am
Sadly, even if we beat LSU, I think we do not win at large bid, unless MAYBE we go 16-2 in the SoCon, and make it to finals of SoCon tourney. Too early to talk about this.

It would be great if we could win socon regular season championship, which guarantees an NIT bid.

Just keep winning!
If that scenario plays out, I think Furman would be 31-4. If they keep out a team with that record, then I'm not sure what to say.

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.