• Wofford

#80174  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:15 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:07 am
About to drop $56 on two tickets to the game. Woffy will make more this week off of Furman fans than they will all other games this season combined. It will be worth every penny, though. 8-)
Indeed!
Wofftard math might claim a sellout this weekend :lol:
 #80178  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:22 am
For the 10th time in 11 games, Furman is the biggest game on their opponent's schedule.

Not sure folks appreciate what it means to get every team's best shot every week.
bj93, Purple rain, dornb liked this
 #80179  by AllTimeFU
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:26 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:46 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:31 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:03 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:17 pm
important to try to bury wofford to get to best possible playoff seed.a two seed would be home playoffs until the finals whereas a 3 or lower seed brings up the possibility of a road trip in the semis to either the dakotas or montana .who wants to play a december game in 10 degree weather?
On the other hand, beating one of the Montana schools at their place in December would sure shut up the Big Sky crowd.
No. It won't.

FUBeAR has had occasion recently to interact with those peeps. Actually had to pull 2 of 'em off of HKB60. One of the Furman Staff's Family Members coined the perfect phrase to describe them - "Willfully ignorant"

They truly HATE facts and they will try, without rest, to wrestle simple facts that they don't like into submission. And they are FULL-OUT NO FILTER on their boastful claims of all types and manners of superiority over anyone and anything...except the MVFC. They actually are able to use cloaking magic to wrap themselves in the accomplishments of MVFC Football Teams. It's the dangdest thing you've ever seen.
They are absolutely livid Furman may be the 2 or 3 seed.

Unfortunately, Furman is now going to have to deal with the weight of carrying conference credibility with them.

Double unfortunately, the committee is almost assuredly going to send a SoCon team to Furman in the second round, when it would be really fun to watch a team like Western Carolina go to Fargo.
If the Dins play a SoCon team in the second round, the only match-up that would be a reward for a high seed and winning the SoCon would be a potential match-up with Mercer. A rematch with Chatt or Western would be a slap in the face.
 #80189  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:45 am
It's not guaranteed, of course. It all depends on the field.

There's a bunch of different combinations.
 #80199  by Afurmanfan
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:50 am
Wofford is really just a few plays away from having a pretty different season. They played UTC even for 3 quarters. Don’t expect a cake walk but we will prevail!
bj93 liked this
 #80202  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:03 am
Afurmanfan wrote:
Wofford is really just a few plays away from having a pretty different season. They played UTC even for 3 quarters. Don’t expect a cake walk but we will prevail!

EZ win incoming!!
 #80209  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:15 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
If the Dins play a SoCon team in the second round, the only match-up that would be a reward for a high seed and winning the SoCon would be a potential match-up with Mercer. A rematch with Chatt or Western would be a slap in the face.
What is the calculus that derives this conclusion?
 #80211  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:15 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
What is the calculus that derives this conclusion?

#80212  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:18 am
Exactly Mercer has arguably been playing as good if not better than WCU and UTC
 #80213  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:20 am
Am I the only one hoping the SoCon doesn’t get a lot of teams in? Have no desire to play teams we have already beaten.
 #80214  by Mr. Taggart
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:30 am
apaladin wrote:
Am I the only one hoping the SoCon doesn’t get a lot of teams in? Have no desire to play teams we have already beaten.
As in much of my life, I incorporate the philosophy of Ric Flair, "to be the man, you gotta beat the man." Right now, the Paladins are the Space Mountain of the Socon. Wooh. Come get some. FUATT and find out!
Bootie, FUBeAR liked this
 #80216  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:49 am
apaladin wrote:
The SoCon needs to get as many teams in as they can. Those teams need to go beat other teams in other parts of the country.

This will help Furman in the future.
Bootie liked this
 #80217  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:56 am
Afurmanfan wrote:
I do not believe for one moment that Furman is going to come out flat in this one.

Wofford's not going to give this away, but this Furman team has the opportunity to do something that is really hard to do - go undefeated in SoCon play and notch a top 4 national seed.

I'm inclined to think the last team that did both of those things was probably App State in 2007. This is rare air.

The only thing standing in our way of that is Wofford.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #80218  by Roundball
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:36 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:49 am
apaladin wrote:
The SoCon needs to get as many teams in as they can. Those teams need to go beat other teams in other parts of the country.

This will help Furman in the future.
Exactly. We need for the SoCon to be better in all sports, especially football and basketball.