• Wofford

#80038  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:13 am
I think we will probably see Carson Jones again.

I also think we'll see a continued concerted effort to reduce Dominic Roberto's workload.

Other than that, let's shoot every bullet we've got at them.
MNORM, apaladin, bj93 liked this
 #80041  by Flagman
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:22 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:13 am
I think we will probably see Carson Jones again.

I also think we'll see a continued concerted effort to reduce Dominic Roberto's workload.

Other than that, let's shoot every bullet we've got at them.
Right on!
 #80051  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:17 am
Louis Tully wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:23 am
We beat Wofford with our second string. Sit the starters. Dont risk injury. They are terrible.

Our walk-ons alone would annihilate Wofftard ;)
 #80068  by Davemeister
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:48 am
gofurman wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:01 am
Do NOT take this game lightly. It’s all business. Go Paladins !

gofurman, are you skeered of the Terriers?
 #80070  by FUTex
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:59 am
The Paladins must beat Wofford in brutal & shameless Georgia Tech-Cumberland fashion. I am still smarting from October 11, 1969 when Wofford ran up the score on us. (I was only 8 then, but there are some childhood traumas that carry on to adulthood and affects one's whole life.)
Mr. Taggart, QCGlue, FU69 liked this
 #80084  by gman84
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:00 pm
We need to fill that place with purple at noon this Saturday. Make it a home game. No reason why we can't!
FU Hoopla, bj93, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #80085  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:12 pm
gman84 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:00 pm
We need to fill that place with purple at noon this Saturday. Make it a home game. No reason why we can't!

Agree, also hope all those that can make it will be supporting FU hoops at the Myrtle Beach Invitational on Thursday and Friday this week as well ;)
 #80107  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:31 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
We beat Wofford with our second string. Sit the starters. Dont risk injury. They are terrible.
Bad idea! Go all out until the game is decided. Old cliche, they are better than their record, almost beat WCU at home, several other closer than you think games their strength is defense and we have struggled at times on offense. DO NOT give them any reason to think they can win.
gman84, bj93, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #80108  by HKB60
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:04 pm
We need to throttle Wofford! There is nothing they would like better than beating us and have Furman drop in the polls. I can see some chippy play on the part of those ankle biting rat dogs to try to get our players to respond and get kicked out and lose some playing time. Gotta play the starters because we can't get rusty by sitting for too long. Beat Wofford and get ready for the playoffs!!
bj93, dornb, gman84 and 1 others liked this
 #80109  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:31 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
Bad idea! Go all out until the game is decided. Old cliche, they are better than their record, almost beat WCU at home, several other closer than you think games their strength is defense and we have struggled at times on offense. DO NOT give them any reason to think they can win.
Wofford honestly shouldn't be this bad. They returned 14 starters, include 7 on defense.

You look at their roster and they have veteran guys. They have experience. They have some size. They just don't really do anything well. They commit a lot of penalties and probably don't have much depth.

You always have to respect an opponent. Wofford is no different. Furman has had some uncomfortably close games against some less-than-stellar competition.

At the same time, Furman should have all the motivation in the world this week. They know that Wofford is what stands between them and potentially a #2 overall seed.
bj93, Paul C, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #80114  by Paul C
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:19 pm
I fully expect WoCo's reasonably competent D to try to stop our run and pressure our Fr QB into making mistakes. Alot of 8 in the box and alot of pressure. Can CJ beat them deep like he did VMI? I expect him to, but he's still young. Avoid turning the ball over and win easily

On O, I'm not very nervous about our stellar D stuffing their O. Maybe a bit better on the ground than VMI but not a passing threat at all. I'll be surprised if they score over 13 and expect them to score single digits.

The good guys hit some big plays and prevail 31-10
 #80115  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:51 pm
Even tough their record is obviously bad against FCS competition thay have only been out of 2 games. They have lost 3 games by a field goal. Their average margin of defeat is 10 points in their 9 FCS games. They lost to UTC by 10 and WCU by 3. It won’t be easy. They will try anything and everything. Remember last year they came out throwing every down and caught FU unprepared. Another factor is this will be FU’s first game on real grass and it could be wet. That could have a negative effect on the Paladins.
 #80117  by Paul C
 Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:51 pm
this will be FU’s first game on real grass ....
....first game on grass all year????? wow....the apocalypse is upon us.