• Cooper Bowser

#75678  by Jasper
 Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:20 pm
Furman may have found a real gem in this 6"11" freshman. Haven't seen in him in a live scrimmage yet but watched him shooting around in practice by himself the other day. First of all, he looks much stonger than the 210 lbs. he is listed at and he definitely has the frame to fill out more as he ages. He has a very good shooting touch and moved well while practicing. I spoke with one of our "bigs" and he said Bowser is a real bundle to handle in practice both offensively and on defense. There is a long way to go in evaluation but first appearances look very good to me. WQe need a strong inside presence to move up a level or so and he just might be the answer. Time will tell.
FU Hoopla, apaladin, Davemeister and 1 others liked this
 #75679  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:24 pm
Jasper wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:20 pm
Furman may have found a real gem in this 6"11" freshman. Haven't seen in him in a live scrimmage yet but watched him shooting around in practice by himself the other day. First of all, he looks much stonger than the 210 lbs. he is listed at and he definitely has the frame to fill out more as he ages. He has a very good shooting touch and moved well while practicing. I spoke with one of our "bigs" and he said Bowser is a real bundle to handle in practice both offensively and on defense. There is a long way to go in evaluation but first appearances look very good to me. WQe need a strong inside presence to move up a level or so and he just might be the answer. Time will tell.
Let's hope!!

Big time potential for sure!
 #75845  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:24 pm
If he can do The Crime, give him Playin' Time!
 #75850  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:42 pm
I agree the potential for Cooper Bowser is unmatched. The only concerning factor I see is that he only averaged 8 ppg in high school. With his frame, I would have expected more production out of him. I do think the level of competition he was playing against was high but I am still concerned about his year one production. I have a hard time seeing him go up against the likes of Conrelious Williams of WCU and Zach Loveday of Samford in year one. I think Bowser will probably need a year or two in the FU program before we start to see what his game is truly made of.

"Bowser, a native of Woodbridge, Va., averaged 8.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game this past season while playing a highly competitive national schedule with postgraduate power Sunrise Christian"
KingPaladin liked this
 #75863  by FurmAlum
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:51 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:42 pm
I agree the potential for Cooper Bowser is unmatched. The only concerning factor I see is that he only averaged 8 ppg in high school. With his frame, I would have expected more production out of him. I do think the level of competition he was playing against was high but I am still concerned about his year one production. I have a hard time seeing him go up against the likes of Conrelious Williams of WCU and Zach Loveday of Samford in year one. I think Bowser will probably need a year or two in the FU program before we start to see what his game is truly made of.

"Bowser, a native of Woodbridge, Va., averaged 8.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game this past season while playing a highly competitive national schedule with postgraduate power Sunrise Christian"
I don't think Year 1 is the right way to evaluate a Furman player. We are a developmental program. Jalen Slawson wasn't great in his first year. By year 5 he was a second round NBA draft choice.
GOAT, dornb, paladinfan12 liked this
 #75879  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:50 am
Prediction:
Bowser in his Freshmen year '23-24 will be the best back-up 5 man we have ever had ;)
 #75949  by din23
 Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:49 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:08 pm
That title goes to Repass until bowser surpasses him
If you limit Furman’s entire basketball history to the last two years…then maybe.
 #79866  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:52 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:34 am
Bowser is a beast!
Just a lot of raw talent there. Will go down as Furman’s best big man ever if he stays healthy and continues to grow his game.
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #79868  by Bootie
 Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:04 am
Yeah he’s gonna be fun to watch.
“COOOOOOOOOPER!!”
 #79870  by Paul C
 Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:37 am
He’s got that talent and skill to be All-ACC in a few years….
 #79871  by furpep
 Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:47 am
His dunks and blocks are fun to watch, but his best play was with around 3 minutes left in the game and we were leading by close to 20 points. There he was diving onto the floor for a loose ball. Sure he had hoped he could have completed the play himself, but he looks up, spots an open player and flips the ball to him to complete the basket. Now that was impressive.
FU Hoopla, dornb, MNORM liked this
 #79875  by youwouldno
 Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:10 am
CBR brings up the importance of player retention a lot, not surprising it's been on his mind. I was shocked by how skilled and poised Bowser looked.