• VMI

#79683  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:28 am
Back to VMI Saturday. If I heard correctly on channel 4 tonight they said Huff would not play Saturday and they called it a seperated shoulder. Big difference in a sprain and a seperation isn’t there?
 #79691  by The Jackal
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:27 am
apaladin wrote:
Back to VMI Saturday. If I heard correctly on channel 4 tonight they said Huff would not play Saturday and they called it a seperated shoulder. Big difference in a sprain and a seperation isn’t there?
Not really.
 #79692  by The Jackal
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:40 am
gofurman wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:54 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:10 pm
Wow 41? Don’t ever remember it being over 15 or so, maybe 20 at most. Hopefully it is not as bad as it sounds and some will come back and I am sure there are some that haven’t played a lot that are graduatng but 41 is just unheard of for any team.
AP has a point. We are graduating A TON. Look at the two deep.

From Huff and Pline, Toomey, Johanning, Norman (a ton of the OL !!!) to Kendal Dean, Shifflett, Roberto and Wayne Anderson…. to Barton , Sochovka, Cook, Gilby, Scianna, Chizic, Jalen Miller, Brinson and Hugh Ryan and Blackshear. I think most to all of these are gone

Does anyone know if some of these return. These are all R-seniors and Graduate students. I know Huff bio I think said he was done after this year. You all confirmed this on the board I think. Many guys said they were coming back for this year as they could see the potential… but that could mean several leave. Such as it is.
Are any of the listed guys playing next year? Or any others leaving?

Might be a year for a few extra transfers like Pline who has been stellar!

we are losing the most I have seen in a long while in depth and Quality. Not saying Jones and co can’t win a lot next year but look at the two deep…
It's a pretty dense process to go through and try to figure out who still has remaining eligibility. I suspect the coaches know.

Furman had a surprising amount of players opt to return for this season and use up all of their eligibility as grad students. With COVID, the extra eligibility made for a much bigger roster than we probably would have otherwise had. I believe Furman had 129 players on the roster and only 110 were allowed to start camp this fall.

We will certainly lose some players. That was to be expected. We'll return a lot of experience too as we rotate a ton of guys in and out of the games.

I don't get the impression the coaching staff is frantically trying to throw scholarship offers to every high school player they see. I suspect they feel good about the recruiting class and where we are numbers-wise.
 #79693  by The Jackal
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:42 am
I believe Coach has even said something to the effect that Furman has a lot of talent on this roster we haven't even seen yet.
 #79694  by FUBeAR
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:23 am
apaladin wrote:
Purple rain, gman84, Bootie liked this
 #79695  by Purple rain
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:36 am
One great thing going on with FU Football is our recruiting. CCH has elevated it to a very high level. I heard at the ETSU game, week, we had almost all our scholarships committed. It was not long ago when we would have a few at this point of the year. I know these can change as well but the players coming to Furman are exceptional. I love what is going on with recruiting. I love what CCH said on Mondays show, "we have moved on"! I think our guys know what is on the line and will step up. I am thankful we are at Paladin stadium and not VMI for this game.
Go DINS!
 #79697  by The Jackal
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:55 am
Purple rain wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:36 am
One great thing going on with FU Football is our recruiting. CCH has elevated it to a very high level. I heard at the ETSU game, week, we had almost all our scholarships committed. It was not long ago when we would have a few at this point of the year. I know these can change as well but the players coming to Furman are exceptional. I love what is going on with recruiting. I love what CCH said on Mondays show, "we have moved on"! I think our guys know what is on the line and will step up. I am thankful we are at Paladin stadium and not VMI for this game.
Go DINS!
I forget the exact day, but we should have most of the class locked up by the December signing day I would presume.
Purple rain liked this
 #79701  by gman84
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:07 am
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Excellent explanation. I had a grade 3 and it hurt to breathe. Huff's sounds like a 1, week to week.
FUBeAR liked this
 #79704  by FUBeAR
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:47 am
gman84 wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Excellent explanation. I had a grade 3 and it hurt to breathe. Huff's sounds like a 1, week to week.
FUBeAR has also had a Grade 3 - it was a golf-football-construction-alcohol-related injury that he did to his own self in August…and due to the “complexity” (read as “embarrassing nature”) of the cause of injury, he refused to get anything done about it until the following March - and, yes, it hurt like the devil every day…and it was deformed, kinda hanging off with a big knot (the end of FUBeAR’s collar bone) sticking out/up. Told y’all FUBeAR is a bear of very little brain. Anyway, the Doc was laughing as soon as FUBeAR told him it had happened 6 months earlier and set FUBeAR up for a surgical repair ASAP. Surgically repaired with a lot of old football (only) related irregularities cleaned up. All good now - even better than before.

Anyway - speaking from some experience, the way Huff popped up, didn’t even wince or rub/grab it after the hit - even as tough as he is - FUBeAR’s assessment is that it could not be worse than a Grade 1 A/C Sprain, as described in the video. It was the kind of hit that can do much more serious damage as he landed right on the ‘point’ of the shoulder with the 233 pound LB/DE’s full weight on him, but if it was worse than a Grade 1, he would have had to have given some indication of the associated pain when it occurred…or he’s the toughest SOB that ever wore the Purple…which could be possible. Hate to think that would be a QB, but it’s possible with this one.
gman84, QCGlue liked this
 #79705  by Affirm
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:52 am
FUBeAR wrote:
gman84 wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
FUBeAR has also had a Grade 3 - it was a golf-football-construction-alcohol-related injury that he did to his own self in August…and due to the “complexity” (read as “embarrassing nature”) of the cause of injury, he refused to get anything done about it until the following March - and, yes, it hurt like the devil every day…and it was deformed, kinda hanging off with a big knot (the end of FUBeAR’s collar bone) sticking out/up. Told y’all FUBeAR is a bear of very little brain. Anyway, the Doc was laughing as soon as FUBeAR told him it had happened 6 months earlier and set FUBeAR up for a surgical repair ASAP. Surgically repaired with a lot of old football (only) related irregularities cleaned up. All good now - even better than before.

Anyway - speaking from some experience, the way Huff popped up, didn’t even wince or rub/grab it after the hit - even as tough as he is - FUBeAR’s assessment is that it could not be worse than a Grade 1 A/C Sprain, as described in the video. It was the kind of hit that can do much more serious damage as he landed right on the ‘point’ of the shoulder with the 233 pound LB/DE’s full weight on him, but if it was worse than a Grade 1, he would have had to have given some indication of the associated pain when it occurred…or he’s the toughest SOB that ever wore the Purple…which could be possible. Hate to think that would be a QB, but it’s possible with this one.
Thanks doc, in regard to TH’s injury. I hope you are 100% correct.
FUBeAR liked this
 #79706  by FUBeAR
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:56 am
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gman84 wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Thanks doc, in regard to TH’s injury. I hope you are 100% correct.
Well, technically FUBeAR’s medical specialty is Robotic Cardiac Surgery, but, y’know, those Ortho’s are always bragging, so you learn some stuff.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #79707  by gman84
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:02 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:56 am
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gman84 wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Thanks doc, in regard to TH.
Well, technically FUBeAR’s medical specialty is Robotic Cardiac Surgery, but, y’know, those Ortho’s are always bragging, so you learn some stuff.
But you did stay at a Holiday Inn last night! ;)
FUBeAR liked this
 #79710  by gofurman
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:05 am
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Not really.
Um yes. I have dislocated my shoulder 3 times. Completely different !!! Comes out mush easier after it has been dislocated (separated) once
 #79711  by Mr. Taggart
 Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:08 am
gofurman wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:05 am
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Not really.
Um yes. I have dislocated my shoulder 3 times. Completely different !!! Comes out mush easier after it has been dislocated (separated) once
A separation is a tear of the ligament connecting the acromion and clavicle. And a tear of a ligament is by definition a sprain; therefore, a separated shoulder is a sprained A/C joint. A dislocation is the head of the humerus coming out of the socket. They are two entirely different injuries.
KingPaladin, FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.