#79014  by KingPaladin
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:34 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:54 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:51 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:50 am
What is the next fundraising project for the basketball teams post timmons?
I believe the new practice facility, or do you mean even after that?
After that. I kinda group those two together
Probably nothing for a long while and they'd do stuff elsewhere
 #79017  by Roundball
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:54 pm
Bootie wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:24 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:51 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:43 am
Furman vs. VMI (Football Nov. 11th)

VMI will have zero fans (ok maybe 100 player parents), that leaves nearly 6,000 empty seats on the visiting side, can we please give away those tickets to fill that side of the stadium?
Just hand them out for this one game!
Greenville Country school kids K-12, police, firefighters, all medical personnel, teachers, church groups, support groups, virtually any Greenville organization making positive impacts, etc. etc.............

To go along with this, if we were to fill the stadium would it cost us more in taxes to announce 16,000 attendance instead of 10,000?

I assume it would, but this could be offset by the fact those people will pay for parking and certainly some concessions food/drink/Furman gear............

To do it for just this one game would be great :D Heck we could even setup a booth down there selling Furman Basketball tickets, some of those folks might purchase tickets for those events as well, some may even return if Furman is playing a home playoff football game ;)
I’m no financial expert by any means, but I’m pretty sure you’re only get taxed on what money you bring in. To give the tickets away, might even be beneficial to the bottom line because you could write those off as donations and the value would reduce your taxable income.
Maybe I am not reading your comments correctly, but university athletic departments are income tax free already because of their 501(c)3 status.
Last edited by Roundball on Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootie, FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #79019  by stonemd
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:05 pm
If a ticket holder cannot make a game would it be possible for them to
- donate the ticket back to FU
- and get credit for a charitable contribution to FU (in the end they gave money to FU and received nothing in return)
- FU could then do a better job of reselling the ticket and preventing empty seats in the building.
 #79020  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:35 pm
stonemd wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:05 pm
If a ticket holder cannot make a game would it be possible for them to
- donate the ticket back to FU
- and get credit for a charitable contribution to FU (in the end they gave money to FU and received nothing in return)
- FU could then do a better job of reselling the ticket and preventing empty seats in the building.
This is a good idea at some places that draw large crowds at small venues (heck even FU hoops since Timmons only seats 2,500) but FU Football Paladin Stadium always has plenty of seats empty to sell so not sure how it would benefit at all...............
 #79023  by Sad Din
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:03 pm
are there any plans to bring back womens gymnastics?

Great entertaining sport with fertile recruiting grounds and not too expenise.

another revenue producing event for Timmons

Just add a little bit to bball practice facility to create gymanstics center
 #79026  by stonemd
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:21 pm
Advantages to FU re fans returning tickets

$$ Furman can sell ticket twice

FU can do a better job selling ticket than average fan - seat more likely to be filled - better support for team and better game experience for all fans. Yes more benefit in basketball.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #79032  by Flagman
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:55 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:50 am
What is the next fundraising project for the basketball teams post timmons?
Let's get the Timmons renovation completed first, please.
 #79033  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:56 pm
Lot's of good stuff in here, should make for a interesting show! ;)
 #79044  by Paladin91
 Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:58 am
For JD,

Has Furman ever partnered with Vet Tix? Vettix.org gives military veterans the opportunity to attend various events, including sporting events, for free or just paying the Ticketmaster service charge. I’ve seen other universities like GA Tech, Ga Southern and North Carolina release football tickets a week before the game for veterans and their families to attend. The tickets can only go to vets that have been verified as having served. At a minimum, it would fill some seats and potentially get some new fans. Being former military and a Furman ROTC alumnus, I think this would be a great opportunity for Furman to welcome more Greenville area vets to sporting events on campus.
furpop16, FU Hoopla, dornb and 3 others liked this
 #79235  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:11 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:43 am
Furman vs. VMI (Football Nov. 11th)

VMI will have zero fans (ok maybe 100 player parents), that leaves nearly 6,000 empty seats on the visiting side, can we please give away those tickets to fill that side of the stadium?
Just hand them out for this one game!
Greenville Country school kids K-12, police, firefighters, all medical personnel, teachers, church groups, support groups, all military, virtually any Greenville organization making positive impacts, etc. etc.............

Now even more reason to try and get butts in seats over there!
 #79243  by Bootie
 Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:03 pm
Will I receive a SoCon championship ring for my role in bringing the mojo at Western with my rattlesnake tail, and procuring the favor of the Little People?
FurmAlum, FUBeAR, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #79255  by FUBeAR
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:40 am
Bootie wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:03 pm
Will I receive a SoCon championship ring for my role in bringing the mojo at Western with my rattlesnake tail, and procuring the favor of the Little People?
FUBeAR asked JDVPAD about this during the game and he said “No.”

BUT, he did say the rattlesnake his own self was eligible and ring worthy…and he mentioned that 1 representative of the Cullowhee Little People could accept an honorary 2023 SoCon Championship ring and Tunnel Acknowledgment Plaque on behalf of their clan.
Bootie, Affirm liked this
 #79261  by stonemd
 Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:00 am
Re the byes in the socon
Chatt has a bye after the entire SOCON slate is complete. Byes early in the season or late in the season are not as useful to the teams.

Why not have 3 weeks in the middle of the season where 3 teams have byes? This would get the byes done fairly equally when teams may need them. Could even have 2 of the teams w byes face each other the next week.