• VMI

#79362  by Davemeister
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:47 am
Hey, gf: are you skeered of them Keydets?
FU Hoopla liked this
 #79378  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:29 am
 #79379  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:30 am
 #79385  by Sad Din
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:01 pm
Dont know how they pick the players but needed 4 there. Anderson and Jones should have been there. Maybe also one of the defensive ends
 #79389  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:14 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:54 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:16 pm
I think our defense is going to keep answering the bell. I think the largest question going forward is just that offensive consistency.
Yep. SOOOO impressed with our D !! Holding WVU to 17? UTC was lucky to score 14. Lucky. Wow. Really I love to eat crow if it means we did well!. I didn’t think we had a pass rush - bc early in the year we didn’t - but we have had one lately ! So glad to see it. And Blackshear will hopefully be healthy soon. Ryan should return. And the deep throws aren’t beating us as much lately. (Though there were a few yesterday v utc they honestly should have completed - slight overthrows to open WRs or drops)

Funny how the D has improved and the O seems mired in mediocrity. If we can run the ball we are fine. When passing is necessary because we can’t get consistent running.. we become very ordinary. Everyone is scheming to put too many in the box or more than we can possibly block. Well that leaves other things open. We Have To be able to make them pay for this basic football strategy of stacking the box .
"Holding WVU to 17?"
Penn State and Pitt held WVU to 15 and 17, respectively.
Other that that, curious what you meant by "Holding WVU to 17?".
Actually I don't keep up with Big 12 much. Interesting that Oklahoma lost to Oklahoma State this past Saturday.
 #79394  by gman84
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:25 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:01 pm
Dont know how they pick the players but needed 4 there. Anderson and Jones should have been there. Maybe also one of the defensive ends
Their class schedules are a factor.
 #79398  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:31 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:50 am
Dave, I am very skeered.
Affirm agrees with Dave, assuming "skeered" in this context means "very wary" and "aware of and dedicated to the need to bring our A++ game."
 #79400  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:34 pm
affirm wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
I think our defense is going to keep answering the bell. I think the largest question going forward is just that offensive consistency.
Yep. SOOOO impressed with our D !! Holding WVU to 17? UTC was lucky to score 14. Lucky. Wow. Really I love to eat crow if it means we did well!. I didn’t think we had a pass rush - bc early in the year we didn’t - but we have had one lately ! So glad to see it. And Blackshear will hopefully be healthy soon. Ryan should return. And the deep throws aren’t beating us as much lately. (Though there were a few yesterday v utc they honestly should have completed - slight overthrows to open WRs or drops)

Funny how the D has improved and the O seems mired in mediocrity. If we can run the ball we are fine. When passing is necessary because we can’t get consistent running.. we become very ordinary. Everyone is scheming to put too many in the box or more than we can possibly block. Well that leaves other things open. We Have To be able to make them pay for this basic football strategy of stacking the box .
"Holding WVU to 17?"
Actually I don't keep up with Big 12 much. Interesting that Oklahoma lost to Oklahoma State this past Saturday.
*WCU
 #79402  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:39 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
affirm wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

"Holding WVU to 17?"
*WCU
OK, thanks.
 #79425  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:53 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
affirm wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

"Holding WVU to 17?"
*WCU
Thanks FUBeAR
 #79426  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:54 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:48 am
My hope is that Furman will "Crock Pot" both VMI and Wofford.

If you're not familiar with the football term "Crock Potting", then first let me suggest that you check out The Solid Verbal as a college football podcast. Dan & Ty do a wonderful job, and they manage to dedicate a small segment of their prediction shows to the FCS (Patriot League, they have a lot of fun with that). Second, "Crock Potting" an opponent means that you spend the first half or so really tenderizing them and putting pressure on them so by the 3rd or 4th quarter, they just start to fall apart like a nice roast after its been in the pot under heat and pressure for a few hours. "Crock Potting" a team requires that you put the clamps on them defensively, and really dedicate yourself to running the ball early in the game so that what goes for 2-3 yards in the first quarter goes for 7-8 by the time the fourth quarter rolls around. I'm betting Furman would like to do the same to both teams as well.
That is good stuff and appears to be our MO for the most part
 #79482  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:47 am
Coach said TH was week to week because of a sprained shoulder. Doubt we see him until the playoffs.
 #79488  by AstroDin
 Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:43 am
CCH also said KT has been practicing (of course, he was dressed out for the Chatty game).
The big news is Grant Robinson is practicing and should play. Getting another big back with speed is a big plus.
gman84 liked this
 #79489  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:10 am
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:43 am
CCH also said KT has been practicing (of course, he was dressed out for the Chatty game).
The big news is Grant Robinson is practicing and should play. Getting another big back with speed is a big plus.
I presume Thomas has been holding down that third back role behind Anderson.

It'd be great to have more bodies to throw in there, though, and take some of the freight off Roberto.
AstroDin, dornb, bj93 liked this