• 2023 Player/Team predictions

#79430  by Fork457
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:29 pm
Under coach Richey I think we've been spoiled with how remarkably good the program has been with developing talent. Basically every year, maybe except for last season, on paper it looked like the team would struggle due to whos left and the production coming back. Thats where we've thrived however and everyone always stepped up, a couple new players take the keys to the offense, repeat. This season is certaintly no exception losing Bothwell and Slawson. Some people will definitely have to make a jump, curious if anyone has any predictions, hot takes, on what our scoring distribution will look like?

I think for this team to be successful( I think they will) JP and Marcus are gonna have to get comfortable in heavier scoring roles. This isn't really a secret to anyone following the program, but its a tough thing to get used to and its important to remember to be patient this season.

Pegues- I think everyone expects JP to be the guy this year, including me to to an extent but its again important to be patient. It's a lot easier to score when defenses are so focused on other players. A thing that Bothwell and Slawson were both great at were scoring within the offensive system, they rarely forced things and I hope JP doesnt try to do too much, thats my only cautious worry, especially early in the season.

Foster- I anticipate Marcus having a huge spike in offensve production and wouldnt be suprised if hes our leading scorer. He showed he can shoot the 3 at a very efficient rate. He has an amazing strong frame that has the potential to be an extremely tough cover especially at the Socon level. The only worry I have is the same I had for JP. Foster had a tendency to take some bad shots and this will be more of a problem if he feels more pressure carrying the load on offense. The reason we are able to sustain offensive success year after year is partially pure player development but also that our motion offense is really hard to guard when all five guys are playing together and in sync.

Hien- I expect anticipate Hien to take more 3s than last year and improve as a shooter, but is skillset isnt a rafferty, gurley type that can produce a lot in the post however he has amazing feel for the game and always seems to find the right spot.

This was long enough but curious if anyone has other thoughts how this team will end up looking.
 #79431  by Paul C
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 pm
PJ Smith will take some of the scoring burden off the 3 mentioned above.

Very curious to see what kind of a step Alex Williams takes. He absolutely has shown flashes of being a scorer, both shooting 3s and taking the ball to the hoop. I expect him to take a step forward this year.
Fork457, dornb liked this
 #79433  by Fork457
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:08 pm
Paul C wrote:PJ Smith will take some of the scoring burden off the 3 mentioned above.

Very curious to see what kind of a step Alex Williams takes. He absolutely has shown flashes of being a scorer, both shooting 3s and taking the ball to the hoop. I expect him to take a step forward this year.
Definitely agree think he's got a ton of potential!

Also excited to see Carter Whitt. Think theres still something untapped in his former top 75 body. To me it looked like he wasnt comfortbale playing in our motion offense. Saw hesitation and not clean movement on a lot of the off ball actions. Seemed more comfortable and used to doing a lot of dribbling and going 1 on1/PNR. I expect a big jump from him, especially after hearing say Coach Richey's comments about his off season.
 #79532  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:12 am
furpop16 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:45 pm
My #1 dude for 2023-24 is Foster. Go 'Dins !!
Foster played solid last night, and if his 3's will be falling he will light up the scoreboard any night!
furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.