• UNC-Wilmington @ (11-0) #23 Furman Saturday Dec. 15th

#7917  by youwouldno
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:28 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:15 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:59 pm
Just found out that both are suspended for one game. My understanding is that it was coaches decision.
Seems like they are engaged on sidelines and have on suits. Hopefully a learning opportunity and this is the last of it. We need those guys going forward.
Richey said after the game that they would have played today 'for most teams,' presumably meaning that it was not a major issue.
fufanatic liked this
 #7925  by tya1
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:53 pm
Wow!! is right. After a sluggish beginning we just started playing better and better. The defense was awesome against a team averaging 80 point per game. I thought our defense would give them some problems but never expected to hold them to 50.

Fantastic response by Mounce after an off game last time out. Rafferty is so steady. Hunter just gets more confident every game. Terrific team win.
furpop16, FUKA61, underjack and 2 others liked this
 #7929  by youwouldno
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:04 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:40 pm
Slawson surely leads the nation in BLOCKS per minutes played.
Actually not, nor even particularly close, though I didn't know what to expect until I looked. But he is a very good shot blocker, without a doubt. Very raw as a basketball player, but the advantage of program stability is bringing in athletes and giving them time to develop.

Will be interesting to see if Jalen Williams is able to break into the rotation. He looked good today.
 #7930  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:12 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:04 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:40 pm
Slawson surely leads the nation in BLOCKS per minutes played.
Actually not, nor even particularly close, though I didn't know what to expect until I looked. But he is a very good shot blocker, without a doubt. Very raw as a basketball player, but the advantage of program stability is bringing in athletes and giving them time to develop.

Will be interesting to see if Jalen Williams is able to break into the rotation. He looked good today.
JW did look good today but you have to remember it was garbage time and UNCW had pretty much given up. Now if he could do that when the game is in doubt, that's would be great.
 #7942  by furpep
 Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:13 am
But against larger, heavier big men, Jalen has a real chance to play. Many of those guys love to push off on defense but abhor when we push back. Jalen can fill that role of getting those players out of their comfort zone.