• ETSU @ #3 Furman Oct. 28th (Homecoming) - New & Improved Thread

#78679  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:04 am
Looking at the box score, just a real tough day running the ball. ETSU is not terrible defensively, and they were going to stack the box and make us earn every yard.

From what I could see, Johanning was playing LT and EJ Wilson was at the RG spot.

While we were a little flat, having to mix and match offensive linemen yesterday coupled with ETSU's aggressive safety play probably contributed to a rough day at the office for the offense.
 #78688  by FurmanATT
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:18 am
I apologize for being absent and ill.
I've been sick since the middle of last week, and I'm not over it yet.
It's hard to write cogenty when you can barely keep your eyes open.
I've still got lots of catching up to do.
Hope to see you soon. -- MD

https://wellpilgrim.wordpress.com/2023/ ... n-winning/
Bootie, Davemeister, apaladin and 3 others liked this
 #78689  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:37 am
Captain Obvious: We didn't play well on Offense yesterday.

No sense beating up on the O. Huff & Company are prolly their own harshest critics and they will take themselves to the woodshed. I trust CCH and JR to say whatever needs to be said to them - and not say the things that don't need to be said.

We will be better next week.
apaladin, dornb, gman84 and 2 others liked this
 #78692  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:02 pm
I don't read too much into it. It looked like we had decided not to have Huff carry the ball a lot. We had some guys playing out of position on the offensive line. ETSU loaded up in the middle and beat a lot of our blocks and made life hard.

I suspect we'll open it back up again next week.
gman84, MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #78698  by FurmanATT
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:57 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:04 am
Looking at the box score, just a real tough day running the ball. ETSU is not terrible defensively, and they were going to stack the box and make us earn every yard.

From what I could see, Johanning was playing LT and EJ Wilson was at the RG spot.

While we were a little flat, having to mix and match offensive linemen yesterday coupled with ETSU's aggressive safety play probably contributed to a rough day at the office for the offense.
The whole SoCon weekend was very human.
Between Western and Chattanooga, Furman was a bit off. Before Furman, Chattanooga barely beat VMI. After Furman, Western lost.
Mocs and Paladins will be ready next week. I feel good about it. -- MD
 #78756  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:34 am
"As it turns out, Furman fans could've returned to their Homecoming tailgate for the next hour and 35 minutes and not missed a score"

FUBeAR thinks Furman Sports Report's reporter(s) was(were) watching him on Saturday. Might need to get a better disguise and a burner phone to take to FU games in the future.
 #78869  by MNORM
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:23 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:05 pm
The last 2 games I have brought people that have never been to a Furman game. Both in all honesty were boring games for anyone without a vested interest. I will not be doing that the rest of the year.
Clempsun is 33 miles down the road.....

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.