• Next Ask The AD Nov. 7

#78852  by DanScott
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:10 pm
Questions for JD and Women’s hoops coach Pierre Curtis are welcome.

One caveat:

Jason wants new questions/topics. Anything previously discussed will not be brought up.

Consider yourselves challenged.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #78853  by furpop16
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:26 pm
Does Jason have any reactions to the new NIT selection qualifications?
FU Hoopla liked this
 #78854  by HammerTKE
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:36 pm
For JD:

What do you think about providing all fans at Timmons with "Kill Time' headbands, rally towels, or some other item that activates and motivates the crowd to be loud when needed?

It could also be a great branding opportunity for one our your corporate sponsors.
 #78856  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:44 pm
HammerTKE wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:36 pm
For JD:

What do you think about providing all fans at Timmons with "Kill Time' headbands, rally towels, or some other item that activates and motivates the crowd to be loud when needed?

It could also be a great branding opportunity for one our your corporate sponsors.

Good ideas for when we have a sold out newly renovated arena
HammerTKE liked this
 #78857  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:48 pm
The SoCon tourney is under contract in Asheville through 2026...........
Can we get Greenville to put together a package to get the SoCon tournament in Greenville in 2027? (assuming we're still in the SoCon lol)
Davemeister, QCGlue liked this
 #78860  by stonemd
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:02 pm
Can we have all Furman sports podcasts and videos available across all platforms: YouTube, Spotify, and most importantly apple podcast? So much easier for me to subscribe and listen to Apple Podcasts while driving. Can’t imagine it would be costly as most every other team’s podcasts are available on all platforms.

At this point our basketball team is not supported as well as it could be by the students. The student experience is also not enticing enough to fill the student section with engaged student fans. Would you consider using a company like https://www.biggestfanxp.com/ ?
They transformed the student basketball section at Grand Canyon and selveral other schools. I think it will take an organized change supported by administration and student leaders - and this could be well supported by consultants like the company above.
KingPaladin, FU Hoopla, Roundball and 2 others liked this
 #78865  by KingPaladin
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:11 pm
stonemd wrote:
Can we have all Furman sports podcasts and videos available across all platforms: YouTube, Spotify, and most importantly apple podcast? So much easier for me to subscribe and listen to Apple Podcasts while driving. Can’t imagine it would be costly as most every other team’s podcasts are available on all platforms.

At this point our basketball team is not supported as well as it could be by the students. The student experience is also not enticing enough to fill the student section with engaged student fans. Would you consider using a company like https://www.biggestfanxp.com/ ?
They transformed the student basketball section at Grand Canyon and selveral other schools. I think it will take an organized change supported by administration and student leaders - and this could be well supported by consultants like the company above.
Students are currently trying to organize another student group for basketball. The climate right now is just lack of consitency from anyone outside of the first two rows of the student section.

Also yes, please put the podcasts on an audio podcast app like Spotify so we can listen while driving, walkign around etc.
FU Hoopla, FurmanFan23 liked this
 #78873  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:47 pm
stonemd wrote:

Hopefully the student support will take care of itself at this point, we've got NCAA tourney success now and also we're about to have a new arena ;)
None of those other schools listed that company represents have both those things going for them, so they probably need the additional help, not really sure that we would need to spend money on that.............
Besides, what exactly can they do for us that we could not do for ourselves given all we have going for us now, anything specific that I am missing?
 #78877  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:52 pm
What kind of NIL pitches do prespective athetes receive while at Furman?

What went wrong with Western not streaming the game?
FU Hoopla liked this
 #78918  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:58 am
Circling back to my previous question about CLPS

If athletic events are denied as being a CLP by the CLP committee that would be interesting. After looking at the Previous CLP calendars they have had drag shows that are considered to be CLP events.
Last edited by FurmanFan23 on Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #78919  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am
Not dissing anyone that goes to the drag show. I would just be confused as to how drag events foster "a sense of community on campus, and expose those who attend to multiple compelling views, inspiring a life‐long pursuit of intellectual fulfillment and engagement" more than athletic events.
 #78923  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:32 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am
Not dissing anyone that goes to the drag show. I would just be confused as to how drag events foster "a sense of community on campus, and expose those who attend to multiple compelling views, inspiring a life‐long pursuit of intellectual fulfillment and engagement" more than athletic events.
Wow they really give CLP for that!?!
Just when you thought you heard it all :lol: