• UNC-Wilmington @ (11-0) #23 Furman Saturday Dec. 15th

#7875  by hypercycloid
 Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:26 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:39 pm
Fessor wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:31 pm
What's the seating capacity since the curtains went up? 3,000?

Well if last year vs. Wofford was considered a sellout it seems the current capacity is setup for around 2,600
Speaking of Wofford sellouts, seats at the February game at Timmons are going fast. We need to buy them up before Spartanburg people do.
underjack and 1 others liked this
 #7885  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:25 am
Those pull out bleachers on the top level are still there, aren't they? I would hope they could be used and move the curtain. I also remember bottom level bleachers at one time? It seems a shame to turn folks away.
I remember asking the same question when Steph Curry and Davidson would visit Timmons. It was explained to me (I believe by Dwight), that the players practice with the black currents so we wouldn’t roll those away for the additional seats. They don’t want to affect the backdrop our players are used to shooting against in Timmons.
 #7893  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 am
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:25 am
Those pull out bleachers on the top level are still there, aren't they? I would hope they could be used and move the curtain. I also remember bottom level bleachers at one time? It seems a shame to turn folks away.
I remember asking the same question when Steph Curry and Davidson would visit Timmons. It was explained to me (I believe by Dwight), that the players practice with the black currents so we wouldn’t roll those away for the additional seats. They don’t want to affect the backdrop our players are used to shooting against in Timmons.
Doesn't make sense. There are virtually no pullout seats behind the baskets except in one corner. Don't see how that would effect the shooting background. The curtains could stay. There are also seats in the upper part that could be used.
 #7894  by Fuonetime
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:32 am
Regarding the bleacher curtain discussion, I feel our players would opt for more fans in the stands than the marginal advantage of having the curtain up for all games. Our players are use to shooting in arenas with various backgrounds. I don’t see it as a problem. Let’s enlarge our seating capacity for “big” games and make Timmons a big home court advantage. Go Paladins!
gman, underjack liked this
 #7898  by Flagman
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:17 am
Let's have regular and consistent sell-outs first. If folks want to be assured of a good seat, they can buy season tickets. I'm happy to see my tickets have more value. Just opening up those bleachers is no guarantee that they will be filled as some of you suggest. When students have to start camping out to get in early for a seat, I'll go along with opening the bleachers.
 #7910  by fufanatic
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:15 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:59 pm
Just found out that both are suspended for one game. My understanding is that it was coaches decision.
Seems like they are engaged on sidelines and have on suits. Hopefully a learning opportunity and this is the last of it. We need those guys going forward.
furpop16, dornb liked this
 #7912  by furpop16
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:32 pm
Holy cow ... up by 40 ... yes FORTY ... with 4:14 left. Williams getting several scores ... Bothwell, too. Just wow.

I wonder if LSU is paying any attention.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.