#78511  by Bootie
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:51 am
FUTex wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:46 pm
Bootie wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:23 am
FUTex wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:39 pm
Three days to game day. We need to start gearing up.

Bootie, do you have the rattler?
Ummm… actually, no.

There is more to the story from last Saturday than I can divulge at the moment. I’m waiting on the events of this weekend in Cullowhee to unfold before I am cleared to explain further. All I can say is Mercer might not be a bad bet.

Fortunately Paladin Stadium is not affected by any negative mojo brought by an opposing team. We have our own mountain. The Dungeon is a punishing place with many tools of torture and destruction.

Plus our connection to the internets is guarded by a 3-headed dog in the attic of PAC.
Okay, good deal. While at Home in the Dungeon we have built enough positive and powerful mojo we don't require any extry just yet. Understood.
I guess we should not get over-confident. We can always use some extra, but the rattle is unavailable, likely forever. It is possible, however, if it has made it into the hands of the intended recipients, that we will still benefit greatly, even though it is not physically close. I apologize for the vaguaries. I’ll be delivering a press conference later tomorrow with full detail.
FUBeAR liked this
 #78512  by FUBeAR
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:09 am
Bootie wrote:
FUTex wrote:
Bootie wrote:
FUTex wrote:

Ummm… actually, no.

There is more to the story from last Saturday than I can divulge at the moment. I’m waiting on the events of this weekend in Cullowhee to unfold before I am cleared to explain further. All I can say is Mercer might not be a bad bet.

Fortunately Paladin Stadium is not affected by any negative mojo brought by an opposing team. We have our own mountain. The Dungeon is a punishing place with many tools of torture and destruction.

Plus our connection to the internets is guarded by a 3-headed dog in the attic of PAC.
Okay, good deal. While at Home in the Dungeon we have built enough positive and powerful mojo we don't require any extry just yet. Understood.
I guess we should not get over-confident. We can always use some extra, but the rattle is unavailable, likely forever. It is possible, however, if it has made it into the hands of the intended recipients, that we will still benefit greatly, even though it is not physically close. I apologize for the vaguaries. I’ll be delivering a press conference later tomorrow with full detail.
Link?
 #78513  by Bootie
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:29 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:09 am
Bootie wrote:
FUTex wrote:
Bootie wrote:
FUTex wrote:

Ummm… actually, no.

Link?
The press conference will happen here in this thread. :lol:
FUBeAR liked this
 #78546  by FUTex
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:45 pm
Oh that Bootie. Just because he found the snake, wrestled with it, got bit by it, killed the snake, cut off its rattler, then drove himself to the hospital all injected with about a quart of snake venom, survived three grueling days and another month of site infection, he thinks that rattler was his to do as he pleased.

I eagerly await the press conference.
 #78547  by FUBeAR
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:49 pm
FUTex wrote:
Oh that Bootie. Just because he found the snake, wrestled with it, got bit by it, killed the snake, cut off its rattler, then drove himself to the hospital all injected with about a quart of snake venom, survived three grueling days and another month of site infection, he thinks that rattler was his to do as he pleased.

Misfire; mea culpa; apologies
Last edited by FUBeAR on Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #78548  by FUBeAR
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:50 pm
FUTex wrote:

FUBeAR thought a hammered Tex drove Bootie to the hospital. Did he conflate a coupla different tales of misadventure?
 #78552  by cavedweller2
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:19 pm
I saw Satellite trucks headed towards Possum Kingdom a little while ago.
Bootie liked this
 #78553  by cavedweller2
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:24 pm
DPLOT

Al Franken, yes that Al Franken the esteemed former Senator, was seen headed that way with his mobile uplink equipment.
 #78555  by FUTex
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:50 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:50 pm
FUTex wrote:

FUBeAR thought a hammered Tex drove Bootie to the hospital. Did he conflate a coupla different tales of misadventure?
Bootie told me the rattlesnake story on the way to a WCU game. I was not there when he got snakebit; he was all alone for that. By the time we got to Cullowhee I was hammered. And I mean HAMMERED. Any stories about me driving Bootie to the hospital whilst completely hammered are wicked lies perpetrated by my enemies in an effort to discredit me.
 #78556  by cavedweller2
 Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:55 pm
 #78630  by Bootie
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:27 pm
Bootie wrote:
FUTex wrote:

Ummm… actually, no.

Do not doubt the power of the rattle or the existence of the Little People. They do, in fact, exist and are now friends of the Paladin.

If you recall, last Saturday in Cullowhee I used the tail of a rattlesnake to create a protective barrier around E.J. Whitmire stadium and also successfully tricked a WCU history professor into bringing bad luck upon their team by discussing the Little People, both of which played significant roles in our win over the Westerns.

And now, the rest of the story...

As we were leaving the Western game last Saturday and discussing the success of the rattle, my buddy said to me, “Why don’t you just leave it here and break the curse for good?“

I never imagined I would give up my rattlesnake tail, but I pondered for a moment and considered the following:

a) the rattle was nearly 30 years old and had deteriorated to the point that it was so fragile it could hardly be handled without falling apart, and

2) for the past 20 years has been sitting in a box, adding to the clutter in my home, and

III) The Cherokee have reported that if the Little People are treated with respect, they can actually bring you protection and favor…

I decided, why not?? At that very moment, we were passing by the Ramsey Activity Center and I saw a grated drainage culvert going under the building which looked a whole lot like what could’ve been a former (or current) Little People tunnel. I placed the rattle on a shelf inside as a gift. Then this week the Furmans won and the Westerns lost. You cannot get more proof than that.

Unfortunately, in hindsight, I realize I might have single-handedly brought down the 2023 WCU football program. I sincerely apologize, as that was not my intent.
gman84, cavedweller2, FUBeAR liked this
 #78639  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:05 pm
Genius move Bootie. Pure Genius.
Bootie liked this
 #78695  by FUTex
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:12 pm
Good work by everyone all 'round this week. Bootie's placement of the rattler, Cave's excellent Al Franken coverage, FUBear's analyses, and so on.

(Because Bootie was injected by the rattlesnake venom the rattler from that snake only guards the Paladins against the little people. It wouldn't help those Mercer boys. Bootie is a Paladin, not a Mercer Bear.)
 #78700  by Bootie
 Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:13 pm
tim wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:52 am
Gotta somehow get that rattler to Chatt. Major Mojo in Paladin Stadium yesterday.
It’s my guess that the Little People have a network of tunnels perhaps reaching as far south as Paris Mountain, and westward to Chattanooga. I trust they will bring that rattle with them.

UTC has been in the no-man’s land of undecided mascots for a century. “Mocs” used to be snakes, the poisonous water moccasin. They shoulda stuck with that. Then they were a shoe, now a bird. This indecision will likely not work in their favor.

https://gomocs.com/sports/2019/10/1/whats-amoc