• SoCon Title/Playoffs

#78167  by wcugrad95
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:21 pm
I didn't want ot use the "like" button on either of those posts because I don't like them. But both are very true.
 #78179  by dornb
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:02 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
I didn't want to use the "like" button on either of those posts because I don't like them. But both are very true.
There is actually a "Dislike" button. Hover to the right of the "Like" button and the word "Dislike" will show up.
 #78180  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:20 pm
dornb wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:02 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
I didn't want to use the "like" button on either of those posts because I don't like them. But both are very true.
There is actually a "Dislike" button. Hover to the right of the "Like" button and the word "Dislike" will show up.
95 don’t dislike the posts. He dislikes that they are true.
dornb, wcugrad95 liked this
 #78181  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:31 pm
@Tex - should we might be thinking about starting throwin’ some negative mojo at Dakota bunnies & Montana kitties?

Or - this week maybe you throw that goody good mojo at some Lower Dakota Coyotes and Gem State Vandals?

Or…???
 #78187  by Paul C
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:15 am
FU will be in a similar situation in 2025 when they will play Clempson the last game of the season but hopefully will have a better “bye” week than between SoCon play and CU. That is pretty poot scheduling on UTC’s part.
Be interesting to see how Clemson fares in their first year w a new coach then….
Bootie, KingPaladin liked this
 #78190  by FurmAlum
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:04 pm
Just a few observations after reading all the posts the last 2 days.

A Furman/WCU matchup in the 2nd round would be a travesty. WCU will be a handfull for any FCS team. Wouldn't mind a National Semi-Final game with them in Paladin Stadium. Might be a sell-out. I understand the selection committee will try to screw one or both teams out the possibility of this match-up.

Furman of course needs to win out. Might we be able to get a number 2 seed if Montana St. loses to Montana? SDSU would probably have to lose twice.

For what its worth Furman and WCU are every bit as good as SDSU and Montana State. Chatty, Mercer, and Samford are as good as all those second tier Big Sky and MV teams. The key as we all know are home games.

My SoCon national team rankings would be Furman #2, WCU #5, Chatty #9, Mercer #15, and Sammy #20.

As an aside, APSU is improving rapidly and is underrated. They lost their first game on the road at Southern Illinois and then FBS Tennessee, but haven't lost since. I wouldn't mind an APSU at Furman rematch in the playoffs but they are a dangerous team.
FUBeAR liked this
 #78191  by FUTex
 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:58 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
@Tex - should we might be thinking about starting throwin’ some negative mojo at Dakota bunnies & Montana kitties?

Or - this week maybe you throw that goody good mojo at some Lower Dakota Coyotes and Gem State Vandals?

Or…???
That's your call, of course, how you want to expend your individual mojo. If it comes to a vote on how we cast our collective mojo, I'd say we keep the mojo focused and aligned on the Paladin's next opponent.

I've always liked the Montana State Bobcats and the Idaho Vandals. Really good fans up there.
 #78201  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:43 am
FUTex wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:58 pm
FUBeAR wrote:

Or…???
That's your call, of course, how you want to expend your individual mojo. If it comes to a vote on how we cast our collective mojo, I'd say we keep the mojo focused and aligned on the Paladin's next opponent.

I've always liked the Montana State Bobcats and the Idaho Vandals. Really good fans up there.
The fans of those Teams may be the cloned reincarnations of Richard the Lionhearted and Catherine the Great…but we don’t want the Paladins to go play Football in Bozeman or Brookings in December…or Moscow…definitely not Moscow…what with Putin and all.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #78207  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:00 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:44 am
With the size of the bubble FUBeAR is projecting, ain’t no 7-4 SoCon Team gettin’ the slightest whiff of the Playoffs and FUBeAR would not be surprised to see an 8-3 SoCon Player eating his Thanksgiving turkey in his hometown.

It’s also possible, IFBO, if the Committee can find a way to justify (and they have a very particular set of justifying skills, skills they have acquired over their very long career, skills that make them a nightmare for SoCon Teams & Fans) making a 9-2 SoCon Team one of their “last 4 out,” they dang well will do it.

Finally, FUBeAR would not be surprised if we see a sudden outbreak of Covid or Beri Beri or Genital Warts among the bellhops, PorchYappers, and/or MountainPirates Football Teams causing them to cancel games (AKA Playoff-qualifying WINS for their opponents) out of an abundance of caution for the health, well-being, and wellness of their Student Athletes…causing, ultimately, a SoCon Team or 2 to lose any shot at the Playoffs or a High Seed.

It’s a perilous and treacherous road ahead, peeps. Buckle up!
A few FCS pundits that read this board and regurgitate FUBeAR’s work, copy-comment on FUBeAR’s bubble-size take…
 #78242  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:29 pm
Will the powerhouse CAA get a 6-5 team in? :?

Without looking, I would expect a CAA team that won't have beaten a single team with a winning record to get in.
bj93 liked this