• Furman @ WCCC Oct. 21st

#77992  by FUBeAR
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:31 am
There’s one HumanRectum on the WCU board who perpetually pipes up about this Furman faking injuries BS. S/He is constantly maligning Coach Hendrix about ethics, fair play, integrity, cheating, etc. It’s really insane. Almost like how Jackal works a subtle smear about Mercer into nearly every one of his posts…except recently.

FUBeAR has to wonder if that Cantamount dude is mixing up Furman with ETSU, a Team that has perfected their fake injury game over the span of 3 Head Coaches…but the same DC. While FUBeAR has seen a rare FU DLman on very rare occasions seem to need a blow more than he’s been ‘injured,’ this is just NOT, in any way, a trait, characteristic, or common practice of Furman Football.

Anyway - that lilac-colored dude, like the mainstream media, has been effective in convincing the low info (WCU peeps) masses that fake injuries is a Furman Football thing. So, it’s not surprising their (low info) fans were being a-holes during the few injury stoppages necessary for FU Players yesterday. Because of their buy-in to this ExitPort’s relentless and repeated spewing of misinformation, a Furman Player could have been holding his bloody severed leg across his chest and the WCU’s would’ve booed.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jasper, AstroDin, dornb and 3 others liked this
 #77995  by FUBeAR
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:41 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:16 am
I blame Western's ticket sales procedure for this situation.
They moved the opposing team to the far sideline, and online seating could have been clearer.
We had the entire Western Ladies BB team beside us, plus Western fans were scattered all over our section (J), making for some interesting cheering combat. You're kinda asking for trouble - when you put the opposing team and opposing player's parents and fans bunched into loose sections with your fans and students.
Mercer had the Player’s parents behind the visiting Team’s bench in Year1 (2013).

One Kerwin Bell complained post-his-loss to Coach Lamb that his Players were subjected to cursing and all manner of abuse from the Mercer Players’ parents throughout the game. Though FUBeAR heard no abuse of / cursing at opposing Players, FUBeAR will admit that Coach Bell WAS subjected to humorous non-cursing barbs from at least one Mercer Player’s parent throughout the game and his Players were unable to contain themselves from their laughing at the humorous non-cursing barbs to which Coach Bell (a well-compensated adult in a public-facing role) was subjected.

Coach Lamb admonished all Mercer’s Players’ parents for their (our) behavior (as Coach Kerwin Bell had misrepresented it to him) in an email the following Monday…and Players’ parents were moved to the home side the following season.

So…you’re right. :lol:
Last edited by FUBeAR on Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
dornb, Purple rain liked this
 #77997  by Jasper
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:11 am
AstroDin wrote:
They moved the opposing team to the far sideline, and online seating could have been clearer.
We had the entire Western Ladies BB team beside us, plus Western fans were scattered all over our section (J), making for some interesting cheering combat. You're kinda asking for trouble - when you put the opposing team and opposing player's parents and fans bunched into loose sections with your fans and students.
You make a very good point. We went personally to the WCU ticket office, told them we wanted to be in the Furman section on the visitor's side. Turns out the home side doesn't have seatbacks at all. It is all bench seating. So many FU fans pay up for seat backs in the so called visitors side. Ergo, its a mixed fan base all over and that can lead to trouble and almost did. Very poor thinking. Couple that with the WCU fan constantly posting a "big lie" about FU flopping and that being by the Cat fans, we came close to having a donnybrook in the stands. The band came over as a bunch of snotnose kids who came periously close to going home with French horns stuck where the sun dont shine.
Last edited by Jasper on Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDin, dornb liked this
 #77998  by Jasper
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:14 am
AstroDin wrote:
You make a very good point. We went personally to the WCU ticket office, told them we wanted to be in the Furman section on the visitor's side. Turns out the home side doesn't have seatbacks at all. It is all bench seating. So many FU fans pay up for seat backs in the so called visitors side. Ergo, its a mixed fan base all over and that can lead to trouble and almost did. Very poor thinking. Couple that with the WCU fan constantly posting a "big lie" about FU flopping and that being believed by the Cat fans, we came close to having a donnybrook in the stands. The band came over as a bunch of snotnose kids who came periously close to going home with French horns stuck where the sun dont shine.
FUBeAR liked this
 #77999  by FUBeAR
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:20 am
Race for All SoCon QB

Head-to-Head QB Ratings (does not include any factor for rushing and there is no dispute about which SoCon QB is the best rusher)

FU vs. WCU
Huff QB Rating = 155.53
Gonzales QB Rating = 131.99

FU vs. Samford
Huff QB Rating = 145.79
Hiers QB Rating = 139.67

Artopoeus on deck
 #78013  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:15 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:46 am
Quite honestly, I thought the Western students, band and crowd were a bunch of classless a-- holes. They reminded me of the old Georgia Southern visitors. Besides the F--k Furman cheer from the "students", a bunch behind us got into it with the Furman parents when the Western people started screaming about a FU player faking an injury while he lay on the field for quite a long time before being helped to his feet. His Dad naturally took exception to that and it could have turned ugly. They had to station a cop between the 2 factions for the rest of the game. As we were leaving and while wearing a Paladin sweatshirt, we passed the band and when I tried to compliment them on an excellent half time performance, a few immediately got hostile without hearing what I was saying simply because my sweatshirt made me an enemy. I expect they deserved every trashing they got from the FU players. They were lined up along the sideline near the end of the game and likely had their mouths flapping pretty good at the team nearby before Huff emptied the stadium with his sealing 50+ yard run. Disappointment is one thing, rude behavior is quite another. To the WCU crowd, FU ALL THE TIME.

We shoulda torn their goalposts down.
FU Hoopla, Stumpy liked this
 #78021  by Kennypowers
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:50 pm
Amen on the unis. Just sacrilege to mess up white on white (Best looking uni in 1-AA). Yes, having uniform tradition does matter and it’s not that big of a recruiting factor as some say. Yesterday looked like a Western Carolina spring game.
Bootie, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #78036  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:54 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:30 pm
Bootie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:28 pm
And another thing… the purple helmets ruined our beautiful white unis.
🤮
...we've got a negativity thread.
I’ll be in the minority but I liked the combo. Now, I’ll pick the all whites 10/10 times and I probably wouldn’t have done it against another purple team, but I didn’t think it looked bad at all.
AstroDin, FUBeAR, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #78040  by FUpaladin08
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:42 am
Georgia Southern put their students behind the opposing team bench, if I recall.
I spent the early 2000s on the sidelines and the GSU students behind the Furman bench were absolutely vile, scum of the earth humans. Second worst were the bellhops behind the Furman bench. They would berate injured players on the table before the days on the sideline tent. App fans weren’t too bad, just really cocky and obsessed with 2 pt conversions. These WCU fans I’ll give a pass since winning is new to them. Hopefully they continue winning and learn how to cheer on their team without bashing another team.

That said, there’s nothing better than keeping your back turned to fans like that all game. Then at the end finally turning around to see their reaction to the scoreboard.
Bootie, AstroDin, dornb and 3 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.