• Heartbreak Hill

#77959  by Jasper
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:25 pm
a/k/a Cullawhee, NC

Just got back down the mountain from WCU (albeit with a celebratory stop at a local rustic establishment for a couple of cold craft ales) where I witnessed the most amazing crowd dispersal magic act I have ever seen. In the short time that it took Tyler Huff to burst 50 yards up the middle for a TD, the entire section of WCU fans sitting near us TOTALLY DISSOLVED. It was amazing. 1000’s of Cat fans created a terrible wind with their mass exodus. They were shocked that their mighty legions just lost to a football team who missed an extra point, missed 2 field goals, had a TD called back on a questionable holding call and managed to average 7 yards on two consecutive punt attempts. This “ugly” team ruined their planned coronation party and they were stunned. A team that does not look as pretty as theirs and who simply WINS against everyone who is put in front of them. I haven’t seen any posts from WCU grad that might explain how they pulled off the disappearing act and literally headed for the hills. Hope no one hurt themselves!

On a more serious note, that was one gutsy Furman win. I counted five guys who were hurt bad enough to come out of the game and who limped back and played well. Our O Line beat the snot outta their big bad improved D line. Dominick Roberto is welcome in any foxhole I have to man. Huff is ice. Anderson makes timely plays. OUR D LINE? They good. We have yet to play our best game. Lookout FCS when that comes.
Bootie, QCGlue, FU Hoopla and 4 others liked this