• In game thread

#77903  by wcugrad95
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:42 pm
Congrats to the Paladins. I think WCU (espcially on D) was a little too hyped up and were not ready to start this game. Some of you brought that up about WCU's lack of big game experience. I thought both teams settled down a lot on defense in the second half. WCU's turnover at the 1 really killed us, but no doubt FU was the better team today. I certainly think Reid would have made a difference, as you guys play very good run defense but we were totally one dimensional today and he would have given us a much better chance.

Hopefully with a close game here Furman climbs and WCU doesn't drop too far. It would be really cool to see these two teams again in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.
Sad Din, gman84, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #77905  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:47 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:
Congrats to the Paladins. I think WCU (espcially on D) was a little too hyped up and were not ready to start this game. Some of you brought that up about WCU's lack of big game experience. I thought both teams settled down a lot on defense in the second half. WCU's turnover at the 1 really killed us, but no doubt FU was the better team today. I certainly think Reid would have made a difference, as you guys play very good run defense but we were totally one dimensional today and he would have given us a much better chance.

Hopefully with a close game here Furman climbs and WCU doesn't drop too far. It would be really cool to see these two teams again in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks for hanging out. The Catamounts have a good club.

If everything keeps shaking out, Furman and WCU may well play again in the post season.

Only difference is next time the game will probably be in Greenville.
dornb liked this
 #77908  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:50 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:41 pm
Coach may want to learn his players names next year!
what!?
 #77909  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:50 pm
Since FU won the game don't expect Western community school to release any video if there is any :lol: :lol:
 #77910  by furmandad
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:51 pm
Great, gutsy win for the good guys. Couldn’t tell on ESPN play by play (which was slow, inaccurate and just plain awful) what did we do for XP after Huff’s long TD run??
 #77912  by furpop16
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:04 pm
When was the last time FU was #1 in any of the polls?
 #77913  by FurmAlum
Great win! Holding that team to 17 points and only 3 in the second half was monumental.

I wouldn't suggest a Communications major for any student considering WCU. What a joke.

Furman's big game experience was the difference. Smash mouth trumps Flash & Dash! And defense wins championships!
FUBeAR, hypercycloid, dornb liked this
 #77917  by FUBeAR
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:26 pm
wcugrad95 wrote:

Love ya 95. Please hang around.

Furman IS the better Team and not just “today.”

WCU has an outstanding Team also. The Catamounts are a top 10 Team nationally and certainly in the Top 4 of the SoCon.

LET’S GO in the Playoffs!

The Catamounts are more than capable of beating any CAA Team, almost every Big Sky Team, and maybe all but 1 MVFC Team, but your Team is not better than Furman’s Team.

Maybe next year the Cats can get to the top of the SoCon, but 2023 is the Year of the Paladin.
gman84, hypercycloid, dornb liked this
 #77918  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:29 pm
furpop16 wrote:
When was the last time FU was #1 in any of the polls?
Pretty sure 2005. We were #1 for a week or so and then lost in Statesboro.
furpop16 liked this
 #77920  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:38 pm
They certainly had mistakes too…. But just think how long we were up 6 points (less than TD) - missed XP, TWO MISSED FG, two shanked punts

- WTH with two shanked punts????????? I get that one of the FG was a 50 yarder. That’s certainly understandable on that one

I will say I said BEFORE the 2 pt conversion we should just take the kick. Not big on going for two until late in games. Also I know it almost worked but it seemed we were generally better and only stopping ourself. So In that case I don’t think we need the risk of the onside kick. It is more likely (as happened) to result in a short field for a great offense of WCU. Just play it straight up. We are better - just keep running at them and playing great d.

Man what a great win!!!!!!! Heart palpitations…. Please make FGS

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.