• Charleston Southern @ (10-0) #23 Furman Tuesday Dec. 11th

#7778  by tya1
 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:34 am
Lyons was 20 points under his average. Mounce was about 10 under his. Can anyone remember a game we had while getting 30 points less than average from two key starters?

And won. Key part of the question.

It feels good to have multiple players ready to step up to cover the gap.
furpop16, furman88 and 1 others liked this
 #7779  by FU03times
 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 am
I think it was the USC upstate announcers that said that Gurley gave off a Giannis, the Greek freak, kind of vibe the way he works on the court and forces his way fearlessly to the basket. I knew seeing him play reminded me of someone, but after last night’s game, I have no doubt he is a young Giannis. Gurley is a freaking beast and I love everything about him, his passion, and his game. Wish I could get a Gurley jersey somewhere!
furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #7781  by Paladin91
 Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:27 am
Charleston Southern was a very scrappy team - they would not go away; kudos to their play. Gurley had a monster game - nice to see him developing as a player. Alex Hunter has really come up big in the last few games, and the role that Tre Clark has played can't be overlooked. Would be good to see Mounce and Lyons get back on track.
 #7782  by Monday
 Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 am
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:42 am
Fessor wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:23 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 pm
They have always been there, no problems, and best way for them to make impact on the game
The football players were baiting and challenging players from ETSU a few seasons back and, if not for the restraint of the ETSU players, there would have been a fight.
I'm not suggesting there is a problem. I am just suggesting that I can get a big picture of some instances where having your football team on the floor with the opposing basketball team could be problematic.

I don't follow a bunch of college basketball. I was just wondering if there were other D1 schools that had their student section on the floor without a barrier between them and the game. Maybe that's common.
Rowdy student section = home court advantage
Home court advantage = 29-6 home record since 2016-2017 season
 #7787  by cavedweller2
 Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 am
FU03times wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 am
I think it was the USC upstate announcers that said that Gurley gave off a Giannis, the Greek freak, kind of vibe the way he works on the court and forces his way fearlessly to the basket. I knew seeing him play reminded me of someone, but after last night’s game, I have no doubt he is a young Giannis. Gurley is a freaking beast and I love everything about him, his passion, and his game. Wish I could get a Gurley jersey somewhere!
He reminds me of George Gervin.
 #7788  by Fessor
 Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am
Monday wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 am
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:42 am
Fessor wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:23 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 pm
They have always been there, no problems, and best way for them to make impact on the game
The football players were baiting and challenging players from ETSU a few seasons back and, if not for the restraint of the ETSU players, there would have been a fight.
I'm not suggesting there is a problem. I am just suggesting that I can get a big picture of some instances where having your football team on the floor with the opposing basketball team could be problematic.

I don't follow a bunch of college basketball. I was just wondering if there were other D1 schools that had their student section on the floor without a barrier between them and the game. Maybe that's common.
Rowdy student section = home court advantage
Home court advantage = 29-6 home record since 2016-2017 season
Give credit where credit is due: Until recently, lacrosse team attending games = home court advantage.