#77252  by Roundball
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:26 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:24 pm
I really don’t think anyone can argue that we are overrated if not way overrated. Today was a perfect example, game should have never been close. Had a bunch of opportunities to the nail in the coffin but failed every time. Our offense leaves a lot to be desired. ET scored 4 tds against them which is their only ones of the year and we score 3. I said it at the first of the year and I will say it again. “We are not who we thought we were”. Hope I can eat my words next week but doubt it.
I would argue that we are rated where we need to be. We are a talented and tough team that deserves to be ranked in top 5 of FCS teams.
AstroDin liked this
 #77258  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:28 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:18 pm
I can't tell from the ridiculous negative posts if we won or lost. Seriously, that was a great road win.
Good to win. It is.

Great? Proving we have. A FG ISSUE. what are we 5/9 or something for year. Usually a strength. That’s not something you can argue. Missing yet another FG today was big. Could a been up 9 instead of 6.

That was a team that WCU KILLED and UTC whooped.

too many INJURIES. THATS the thing. Harris? Wher was Km Brunson? 51 petit as starting OL. 44 Clark left game maybe. 40 Xavier Stephen.
Please let me know the word on any of these guys !,,
. Just Harris and Bronson are HUGE

On the two issues of pre game. People said we could sack them. They were right. Wow. 9 sacks
Awesome
. Truly awesome. I’m objective. This was phenomenal.

They turn ball over and we create turnovers? Nope. Never happened. Not once. I worried about that pre game. They even had a plus one turnover ratio. Flip that and we probably win by 12 or so. BRINSON woulda helped.

I leave loving the win.

Lack of replay was so SoCon. Man. A little karma though from 2 extended reviews last year huh?

Another positive. Nbr 3 with the great catches !!! Forget his name right now. Also Shiflett with good receptions. And GREAT Use of the seam or whatever you call it - passes to the middle of the field. One to Shiflett. Another to a RB (8 or 9)? Several great passes to guys over the middle for big plays!

But OL and FGs are concerns. No one can deny the FGs
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
QCGlue, Davemeister liked this
 #77263  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:35 pm
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I really don’t think anyone can argue that we are overrated if not way overrated. Today was a perfect example, game should have never been close. Had a bunch of opportunities to the nail in the coffin but failed every time. Our offense leaves a lot to be desired. ET scored 4 tds against them which is their only ones of the year and we score 3. I said it at the first of the year and I will say it again. “We are not who we thought we were”. Hope I can eat my words next week but doubt it.
I would argue that we are rated where we need to be. We are a talented and tough team that deserves to be ranked in top 5 of FCS teams.
Ok keep watching thru your purple coated glasses. We have a 5-1 record because we have played 3 bad teams and 2 average teams. We are only ranked as high as we are because of where we started and its hard to drop a team if it wins regardless,
Jasper liked this
 #77264  by Jasper
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:39 pm
furmandad wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:20 pm
Seems like Tyler has pulled the ball down too soon to run a couple times when primary receiver is not open right away.
You are correct. It appears that if his primary is covered, he immediately pulls it down and runs . Fortunately he is a very good runner.
 #77265  by Jasper
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:40 pm
furmandad wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:20 pm
Seems like Tyler has pulled the ball down too soon to run a couple times when primary receiver is not open right away.
You are correct. It appears that if his primary is covered, he immediately pulls it down and runs . Fortunately he is a very good runner.
 #77266  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Ok keep watching thru your purple coated glasses. We have a 5-1 record because we have played 3 bad teams and 2 average teams. We are only ranked as high as we are because of where we started and its hard to drop a team if it wins regardless,
ok. we will let you know when Dins start playing like '62 Packers
 #77267  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:45 pm
In conference road win. I’ll take it all day long. On to Western.
MidlandsPaladin, gman84, hypercycloid and 3 others liked this
 #77271  by Afurmanfan
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:54 pm
Thank goodness our players and coaches don’t give up the way some fans ( one “fan” in particular) do. As a former Paladin player, am so grateful none of my teammates had the loser attitude that I see on here. Throw this team under the bus when we scrap and fight and win close games - what a “ supporter”. Am dropping the mic.
Roundball, furmandad, gman84 and 5 others liked this
 #77272  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:00 pm
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
But that’s how it works. Preseason ranking last longer than then should. I’d rather be getting the benefit of a soft early schedule than losing tough games out the gate. You could argue Samford has the same scenario of being overrated from last season and their record reflects a tough early schedule with the losses.

We should want to win each week. We should want to get better each week. We should want to rise to the moment and win close games. We should want to play our best ball in the playoffs.
apaladin liked this
 #77275  by FurmAlum
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:14 pm
Agree with FU 08, AFurmanFan, and CD 2. I'll take a tough road win anytime.

All you whiny washwomen, not so much.

I would have liked to have knocked them out too when we had the chance but we did knock them out of any SoCon championship and probably the playoffs. The scoreboard says Furman 27 Sammy 21 on 10/14/23 and it always will.

Enjoy!
Roundball, gman84, FUpaladin08 and 2 others liked this
 #77278  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:21 pm
dornb wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:15 pm
I haven't heard anyone talk about our defense sacking Hiers 9 times today. The Furman record is 10 sacks in a game. That is awesome!
It was AWESOME

. I did mention it above in post 77258. Read them Gofurman posts 😀😀

LOVED IT. Phenomenal. Game changing
dornb liked this
 #77280  by El Guapo
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:35 pm
We’re a good football team. Good football teams find a way to win. Good teams will also struggle. Will we win the Natty? Who knows, but we’re currently 5-1 (effectively undefeated in our division) with everything to play for in front of us. There is a huge game next week. Huge. Isn’t that what we all hope for in the offseason? Games that actually matter? For all those who are complaining currently, take the negative energy and use it for something good like cheering for your team in victory or defeat. I choose to celebrate a win because the alternative seems asinine; especially when you’ve had to endure a truly bad season which we all have. Go Furman.
Bootie, Chuckles, gman84 and 4 others liked this