#76735  by Roundball
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:25 pm
Being up only 14-0 at the half is a good thing. We should come out focused and blow them out in the second half.
 #76736  by Paladin83
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:28 pm
We’re very fortunate we’re playing The Citadel. They are a very bad team. We play like this against a playoff caliber team and we get crushed. Coaches need to light a fire under some ass at halftime.
 #76738  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:30 pm
Paladin83 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:28 pm
We’re very fortunate we’re playing The Citadel. They are a very bad team. We play like this against a playoff caliber team and we get crushed. Coaches need to light a fire under some ass at halftime.
Very well could be that we are playing like this precisely because the Citadel isn't very good and we've got big games the next two weeks.

I agree, though. We aren't going to hit on all cylinders every week, but it's good that we are playing the Citadel this week.
 #76739  by Thorny
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:30 pm
The Citadel has under 100 yards of offense, only 5 yards on the ground, and is averaging under half a yard per rush.

I wish Furman was winning by a larger margin too but I really wanted a goose egg out of this and that is still within reach.
 #76743  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:49 pm
Not a reply to above post. Just sayin That fake FG was nice. We got suckered there. Looked like maybe a pick to free the receiver (. Who was the snapper !)

,citadel pulled a special teams TD on western on a KOR trick and pulled a nice fake FG on us

FYI. Samford is KILLING Woffd
 #76744  by Kennypowers
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:33 pm
this is a terrible performance all around. It happens. But Worst Citadel team I think I've ever seen. we need to reset this week and get back on track. Might be these incredibly bad, stupid looking uniforms we're wearing.
Jasper, bj93 liked this
 #76746  by purplehorse123
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 pm
Two terrible pass interference penalties by us on consecutive plays.

The best word I can think of to describe our play today is UNINSPIRING. It happens. You cannot be up for every game.

Hope we get a whole lot better before next week and take our A game south.
 #76747  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:46 pm
Tv announcers. “ this is the closest game the CITadel has played all season”

Soo…. CAMPBEll beat these guys by FIFTY . Cmon let’s tack on another TD for 35 -14

Say what you will. This is a game in the 4th q. NO ONE EXPECted that