• The Diamond F logo

#76387  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:31 am
<F>antastic story. Thanks for posting.

Might see if Stumpy will let FUBeAR change his name to <F>UBeAR.

He only charged $999 for tax, tag, title, undercoating, shipping, and handling last time.
dornb, furpop16 liked this
 #76392  by 'Din Djarin
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:30 am
High schools all over the state have been lifting it for years. Guilty parties include Wando and Laurens (there are others, but I can't remember them at the moment). It's a fantastic logo.
dornb liked this
 #76393  by The Jackal
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:31 am
'Din Djarin wrote:
High schools all over the state have been lifting it for years. Guilty parties include Wando and Laurens (there are others, but I can't remember them at the moment). It's a fantastic logo.

A few in Georgia I know of are Lincoln County, Peach County (Louis Ivory's school), and Jefferson.

Obviously, Furman doesn't own geometric shapes, but I'd be interested to know the history at some of these schools and how they came to their logos.
dornb liked this
 #76394  by Bootie
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:37 am
I’d like to see him recognized at a game sometime.
dornb, Stumpy liked this
 #76397  by Furman Sports Report
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:11 pm
The Jackal wrote:
'Din Djarin wrote:

A few in Georgia I know of are Lincoln County, Peach County (Louis Ivory's school), and Jefferson.

Obviously, Furman doesn't own geometric shapes, but I'd be interested to know the history at some of these schools and how they came to their logos.
Typically, the schools have a coach with some kind of ties to Furman and/or Coach Sheridan. I believe Fort Dorchester had it when John Bagwell coached there for example.
dornb liked this
 #76398  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
'Din Djarin wrote:

GEORGIA (17)
Walton
Jefferson
Cairo (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Westover (Also NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Thomasville
Peach County
Harlem
Sandy Creek
Pickens
North Cobb Christian (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Glascock County
Macon County
Lincoln County
St. Francis
Westfield School
Southwest Georgia Academy
Fullington Academy (Hey - a real Diamond F)

NORTH CAROLINA (10)
Bunn
Forbush (Another 'real' Diamond F - this one is almost a copy of the FU version)
Forest Hills (Diamond FH, but questionable if it's the FU diamond)
Glenn (Diamond G, but questionable if it's the FU diamond)
Hibriten (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Ledford (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Polk County (NC State-ish version of Diamond...but also has 'claws' at the top - so kind of a tiger paw also)
Ragsdale
Richmond County
J.F. Webb (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
 #76400  by Mr. Taggart
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:42 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:
Both Laurens and Wando adopted it when they hired coaches with Furman ties. Rock Hill uses it as well, as does Lower Richland.
dornb liked this
 #76401  by gman84
 Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:14 pm
In 1964 the Pittsburgh Steelers used the US steel symbol in their helmet logo, it has 3 hypocloids, or diamond symbols. That's the only symbol close to what Dennis designed.
 #76426  by 'Din Djarin
 Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:41 am
Also, this might be a me thing, but there are two types of Furman alum to me - "Diamond-F" folks, and "hypocycloid" folks.
gman84 liked this
 #76427  by FUBeAR
 Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:20 am
'Din Djarin wrote:
Also, this might be a me thing, but there are two types of Furman alum to me - "Diamond-F" folks, and "hypocycloid" folks.
Noted that you specified "Furman alum," but if you consider this possible rift more broadly, does the Diamond F derivative stylized letters faction have a dog in the fight?

#76429  by gman84
 Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:46 am
'Din Djarin wrote:
This is definitely a bye week. :D
dornb, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #76430  by Fred Garvin
 Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:16 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
'Din Djarin wrote:

GEORGIA (17)
Walton
Jefferson
Cairo (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Westover (Also NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Thomasville
Peach County
Harlem
Sandy Creek
Pickens
North Cobb Christian (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Glascock County
Macon County
Lincoln County
St. Francis
Westfield School
Southwest Georgia Academy
Fullington Academy (Hey - a real Diamond F)

NORTH CAROLINA (10)
Bunn
Forbush (Another 'real' Diamond F - this one is almost a copy of the FU version)
Forest Hills (Diamond FH, but questionable if it's the FU diamond)
Glenn (Diamond G, but questionable if it's the FU diamond)
Hibriten (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Ledford (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
Polk County (NC State-ish version of Diamond...but also has 'claws' at the top - so kind of a tiger paw also)
Ragsdale
Richmond County
J.F. Webb (NC State-ish version of Diamond)
<F> Fun Facts
1. Fred can free hand a <L> logo running from 40 to 40 ....no stencil.....4 piston heads and some string and i am good
2. 1992- A young Fred was speaking at the NCHS Football clinic after <L> had won the 1991 state championship. The Richmond County HC ....Hal Shuler....asked if we could send them all of our decals and color swatches so that they could use the diamond
FUBeAR liked this