• Transfer QB

#7191  by gman
 Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:31 am
I hope the players want to win championships. If that means a transfer helps to accomplish that goal, they should support and embrace whatever decision is made by CH.
DeepPurple liked this
 #7195  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:53 am
furman88 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:20 am
The QB for 2019 is certainly a question mark given we have some talented young guys. If we take a transfer it only makes these guys stronger and gives them time to develope their abilites and certainly gives the HC and OC more options.If you can add to your talent pool a transfer certainly is route that can make a diffrence. Not a gurantee but worth a shot to continue progress.I'm sure a talented transfer for any position would be looked at so this would not be unusal. I don't thinl coach Hendrix is building the program on transfers but looks at all options.
I am firmly of the opinion that building a program around transfers is a bad idea.

I think the way Hendrix approached it last offseason is the proper way to leverage transfers. Find guys that fit positions of need who can step in right away and reduce the pressure on younger players to be immediate contributors.
 #7212  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:06 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:53 am
furman88 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:20 am
The QB for 2019 is certainly a question mark given we have some talented young guys. If we take a transfer it only makes these guys stronger and gives them time to develope their abilites and certainly gives the HC and OC more options.If you can add to your talent pool a transfer certainly is route that can make a diffrence. Not a gurantee but worth a shot to continue progress.I'm sure a talented transfer for any position would be looked at so this would not be unusal. I don't thinl coach Hendrix is building the program on transfers but looks at all options.
I am firmly of the opinion that building a program around transfers is a bad idea.

I think the way Hendrix approached it last offseason is the proper way to leverage transfers. Find guys that fit positions of need who can step in right away and reduce the pressure on younger players to be immediate contributors.
Right. We don’t have to be UTC. but I welcomed Amir Trapp and his athleticism .. like Ingle Martin !! The occassional transfer to fill a need OR when a stud becomes available you take him. I think our new fullback is an AirForce transfer. I am glad to have him. Transfers helps to either a) rebuild a program like where we are now in a few spots - ESP QB - or b) if you get a super star you always take him !
mathprofhiker, FUpaladin08, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #7258  by saltyshaker
 Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:38 am
when recruiting you must consider all possibilities including transfers.what it means for those already in the program,there is one more player to beat out if you want to start.when I played years ago I was a transfer and there were no separate divisions.i transferred from what is now a bowl division school to furman and still had to sit out a year.when I became eligible I was beaten out by the incumbent and played as a back-up.he never complained about the new guy.he simply competed and beat me out fair and square.

so I see no real difference in a transfer or a freshman.when ingle martin came ,our previous starter ended up transferring out to another school.he was probably somewhat bitter about being displaced.but then how did the player at the school he transferred to feel when he had to compete with another.i say find the best players you can find whether they are freshmen or transfers and let competion decide who starts.
AstroDin, furman88, FUKA61 and 3 others liked this
 #7356  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:38 am
when recruiting you must consider all possibilities including transfers.what it means for those already in the program,there is one more player to beat out if you want to start.when I played years ago I was a transfer and there were no separate divisions.i transferred from what is now a bowl division school to furman and still had to sit out a year.when I became eligible I was beaten out by the incumbent and played as a back-up.he never complained about the new guy.he simply competed and beat me out fair and square.

so I see no real difference in a transfer or a freshman.when ingle martin came ,our previous starter ended up transferring out to another school.he was probably somewhat bitter about being displaced.but then how did the player at the school he transferred to feel when he had to compete with another.i say find the best players you can find whether they are freshmen or transfers and let competion decide who starts.

EXACTLY. Great players embrace competiton. Let the best man play and have two great players at each spot

If an " Ingle Martin" wants to come.... GET HIM !!!!! Always get the best players. Always
 #7606  by raleigh fan
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:37 pm
GT hiring coach with pro style offense..might we be able to find some talent who knows option football there?
 #7613  by gofurman
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:47 pm
Right. Again I am glad we got Amir Trapp and the Fullbak from Air Force !!! (I think he was a transfer).
Ingle. Forcier. Bring em in !!!
 #7618  by AstroDin
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:00 pm
Just my guess but those looking for a transfer QB are probably going to be disappointed.

If you follow the coaches on twitter it is full steam ahead making incoming visits on high school recruits and the men already committed.

Not saying it's NOT going to happen but I don't see any public signs that a transfer QB is a priority. The coaches need to keep the eye on the prizes… keep those commits and finish strong… the DINS are fighting other schools for some more big-time players.
 #7626  by cavedweller2
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:50 pm
The pretty candy catches the eye of the misdirected.
 #7633  by Davemeister
 Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 am
The pretty candy fills stadium seats. We need talent - wherever we find it.
gman, bj93 liked this
 #7657  by purplehorse
 Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 pm
And to look so slow on runs Ingle almost always got a first down....meaning his speed was deceptive.
 #7658  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 pm
And to look so slow on runs Ingle almost always got a first down....meaning his speed was deceptive.
Yeah - Many of us OLmen were blessed with deceptive speed, but it’s nice to see when some ‘skill players’ were gifted with those same genes.
Affirm, furman88 liked this
 #7671  by Davemeister
 Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:11 am
Well, there's "clock speed" and there's "football speed".
 #7694  by furman88
 Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:06 pm
Also upper body speed, very important. Yes I was a QB/RB trapped in an OL body in High School. I sacrificed for the team and did play OL. Had the top upper body speed on team!