• Kennesaw State - Sept. 16

#75817  by Yadkin
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:08 am
The KSU safety steamrolled Kendall Thomas post-whistle, about five yards away from the tackle (right in front of the zebra). Announcers flat didn’t see it and went off; kinda like they didn’t bother noticing Huff getting decked 4 yards derp into the end zone
 #75818  by din23
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:12 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:00 am
Concerning Tyler's touchdown run, when he turned and faced the defender.
I guess he just turned but didn't say anything; one of the refs came over to Huff after the touchdown and said something to him. That played a role in the taunting call - cause that hit by the KSU defender should have been called unnecessary roughness.

GoFU… the only other player (starter) from last season that could come back is McCormick. I'm unsure where he stands related to his concussion injury in the spring. I think I saw him for the first time on the sidelines of a game (he wasn't in uniform). I'm pretty sure it was him throwing the ball with Johanning during the pre-game warmups.

If it was Bryce, he looked happy to be out there. More importantly, he looked good physically; he leaped up and made a one-hand grab on an overthrown ball - Bryce also played tight end at CPA.
Are you talking about the TD where Huff got the taunting penalty or another one? On the one that he got flagged, Tyler was the one I saw lowering his shoulder and initiating the contact two years deep into the end zone.
 #75819  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:26 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:49 am
By the way. I like to be objective.

Yep. The hit in the endzone by KSU on Huff shoulda been a 15 yard penalty.

However w got a HUGE break when they called a second personal foul in a row on KSU as we drove late in their territory. For those in person the TV broadcast went over it once or twice more and we couldn’t find anything. The announcers even said KSU should send that to the NCAA it was so horrible. Tv Crew kept looking at it and can’t find anything. Officials said “number 6” did it but he didn’t appear to do anything at all. And that’s big if they got the wrong number on a PF call. Because if he gets another he is disqualified despite not deserving it bc the first call was inadvertently attributed to him. Huge

Can anyone explain that PF on KSU? The announcers couldn’t. I couldn’t. It was the one later in game where it was second PF call in a row. (I don’t think any other time had 2 PFoul calls in a row. Both were on KSU here)

I hope I get some answers. When we get jobbed (USC) everyone goes off. Well, let’s explain the other side too. Plus I’m just curious what was there. I couldn’t see Anything based on tv
It was on the other side of the field from me, but the KSU player did something to KT (no. 17) by the way Kendall acted, he was face-masked or something, and his helmet came off. KT was a little ahead of the play and was driven out of bounds into the KSU sideline. He then came up pointing the direction of a flag called on KSU.
 #75820  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:30 am
Yadkin wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:08 am
The KSU safety steamrolled Kendall Thomas post-whistle, about five yards away from the tackle (right in front of the zebra). Announcers flat didn’t see it and went off; kinda like they didn’t bother noticing Huff getting decked 4 yards derp into the end zone
What Yadkin said…
 #75821  by AstroDin
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:32 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:03 am
For those at the game, was there a lot of chirping between the players during the game?
https://x.com/fufootballfans/status/170 ... 11183?s=20
I thought the game really heated up in the fourth quarter - I can't point out a particular instance of chippy behavior. But, based on Furman's sideline demeanor, it was chippy and intense.
gofurman liked this
 #75822  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am
GF- don’t think I have ever seen a player ejected for taunting or “running their mouth”. 15 yard penalty yes, ejection no.
Again, CCH said at the start of the season McCormick is out for the year, maybe it could change but that is what he said.
 #75823  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:39 am
din23 wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
I guess he just turned but didn't say anything; one of the refs came over to Huff after the touchdown and said something to him. That played a role in the taunting call - cause that hit by the KSU defender should have been called unnecessary roughness.

GoFU… the only other player (starter) from last season that could come back is McCormick. I'm unsure where he stands related to his concussion injury in the spring. I think I saw him for the first time on the sidelines of a game (he wasn't in uniform). I'm pretty sure it was him throwing the ball with Johanning during the pre-game warmups.

If it was Bryce, he looked happy to be out there. More importantly, he looked good physically; he leaped up and made a one-hand grab on an overthrown ball - Bryce also played tight end at CPA.
Are you talking about the TD where Huff got the taunting penalty or another one? On the one that he got flagged, Tyler was the one I saw lowering his shoulder and initiating the contact two years deep into the end zone.
I mean, Huff defended himself, but the KSU defender initiated contact well after he’d crossed the goal line, lowered his shoulder, and threw a forearm into him.

I’d feel differently if he’d pulled up or the hit was at the goal line. It was a late hit.

Honestly, if Huff had just gotten in his face, it probably wouldn’t have been a flag. If he’d just made the touchdown sign, probably no flag. Getting in his face AND making touchdown sign was just a little too much.

https://x.com/paladinfootball/status/17 ... _eiqfUQTgQ
 #75824  by din23
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:42 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:39 am
din23 wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

I mean, Huff defended himself, but the KSU defender initiated contact well after he’d crossed the goal line, lowered his shoulder, and threw a forearm into him.

I’d feel differently if he’d pulled up or the hit was at the goal line. It was a late hit.

Honestly, if Huff had just gotten in his face, it probably wouldn’t have been a flag. If he’d just made the touchdown sign, probably no flag. Getting in his face AND making touchdown sign was just a little too much.

https://x.com/paladinfootball/status/17 ... _eiqfUQTgQ
Yep, I see now the defender's hit was harder than I realized in real time. Huff is more bracing himself than preparing to lower the boom.
 #75825  by saltyshaker
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 am
years ago i remember franki debusk making six shooter motions after a score in a playoff game vrs i believe nevada which extended our lead late in the third quarter.he did not get a penalty but instead fired up the opponent who proceded to rally and beat us.which is almost what ksu did.fortunately this time we survived.let sleeping dogs lie.
 #75826  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:10 pm
Good for Huff, he should do that 100 times of 100, KSU had a bunch of shit talking morons on defense, put them back in their place ;)
FurmAlum liked this
 #75844  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:15 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 am
years ago i remember franki debusk making six shooter motions after a score in a playoff game vrs i believe nevada which extended our lead late in the third quarter.he did not get a penalty but instead fired up the opponent who proceded to rally and beat us.which is almost what ksu did.fortunately this time we survived.let sleeping dogs lie.

True. I like Huff's swagger, but it cuts both ways. After Huff's penalty KSU got up off the mat and scored two TDs to tie the game. Fortunately we had an answer.
 #75846  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:15 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am
GF- don’t think I have ever seen a player ejected for taunting or “running their mouth”. 15 yard penalty yes, ejection no.
Again, CCH said at the start of the season McCormick is out for the year, maybe it could change but that is what he said.
I don’t know. The Tv announcers maybe said it could happen (ejection) if you get two personal fouls in a game. Maybe someone can clear that up. I do think the officials Say “that is number 10s first personal foul” ?.. if so, that indicates a bigger penalty awaits. (Like, that is “the first sideline warning” against a given team)

-can you get ejected from a game for two personal fouls/taunting ? I am asking. Curious
 #75848  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:46 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:27 pm
It's unsportsmanlike conduct, which is a category of "personal fouls."

You can be disqualified for multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
Jackal, thank you for the clarification!

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.