• Kennesaw State - Sept. 16

#75725  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:04 pm
Sadly we have to hope 92 for HKSU stays out. He was killing our OL. hope he’s out until next game

He goes our we get Roberto for 3 yard and Huff for TD
 #75726  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:24 pm
Against some of these decent defenses, we may need to be a team that uses the pass to set up the run.

Teams are clogging us. Started to really move the ball when we hit on screens and quick routes. That will open up the middle for the run a bit.
 #75728  by Jasper
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:39 pm
Poor offensive performance thus far. They are loading up the box and we insist on running right into it. If we want to run, we need to get them out of that defense. We have not even thrown deep once in the half to my recollection. We are letting this team hang around and giving them a chance to get lucky. Maybe open the play book a bit. D is doing a great job , but we need to start putting some points on the board. Somebody wake up #11. He's sleep walking out there.
 #75730  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:45 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:39 pm
Poor offensive performance thus far. They are loading up the box and we insist on running right into it. If we want to run, we need to get them out of that defense. We have not even thrown deep once in the half to my recollection. We are letting this team hang around and giving them a chance to get lucky. Maybe open the play book a bit. D is doing a great job , but we need to start putting some points on the board. Somebody wake up #11. He's sleep walking out there.
We have 217 yards of offense, which is just fine. We had a few rough drives to start the game, but moved it fine on our scoring drives.

We hit Ethan Harris on a nearly 30 yard throw.
 #75732  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:14 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:59 pm
Offense has moved it. Defense has played well. Would like to get a two score lead, though.
There’s your 2 score lead but can’t let up. Put the hammer down!
Davemeister liked this
 #75734  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:16 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:14 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:59 pm
Offense has moved it. Defense has played well. Would like to get a two score lead, though.
There’s your 2 score lead but can’t let up. Put the hammer down!
Well so much for that.
 #75736  by I-85 Paladin
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:34 pm
I disagree with the announcers. That shot on Tyler wasn't stopping anything and I don't blame him for getting in that guy's face though I get the penalty.
 #75737  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:37 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:33 pm
Surprsed at Huff. He could have been called for that earlier on his second TD run.
Yeah. Love the toughness. Love it. But he Has to quit clearly taunting defenders or he could get disqualified and we can’t have that

He has to backdown on getting in the defenders faces or we could lose him for game

Also, note to our SEC ref complaints. We got a free 15 yards for a penalty even the announcers couldnt find. Called on 6 on defense. Y’all see anything?
 #75738  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:39 pm
Dude plays with intensity.

If he hadn't made the touchdown sign and just gotten in the guys face, he probably would have been fine.

It was arguably a late hit on the Kennesaw State defender. He was three yards deep in the end zone.

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.