• Tennessee Tech - August 31

#75020  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:42 am
Roberto had a few red-zone runs that were reminiscent of Jerome Felton - read the hole, moves laterally quickly for a big back, great balance and pad level, lowers his shoulder at the goal line, and runs right through arm tackles. You aren't likely to bring #8 down by just trying to throw a shoulder into him.

Similar run here by Roberto. Hendrix mentioned post-game that in the second half our offense tried to spread TTU out a bit and force them out of the box. I think this formation is a little unique in my years watching Furman football - 4 wide receivers.

#75022  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:55 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:42 am
Roberto had a few red-zone runs that were reminiscent of Jerome Felton - read the hole, moves laterally quickly for a big back, great balance and pad level, lowers his shoulder at the goal line, and runs right through arm tackles. You aren't likely to bring #8 down by just trying to throw a shoulder into him.

Similar run here by Roberto. Hendrix mentioned post-game that in the second half our offense tried to spread TTU out a bit and force them out of the box. I think this formation is a little unique in my years watching Furman football - 4 wide receivers.

LOL - yes - and they Defended the formation by putting 3 over 2 on both sides. That leaves 5 to stop 7 (gotta count Huff cuz he’s definitely a runner) in the box. FUBeAR was not a math major, but he can add up a 2-man advantage PDQ.

Golden Eagles were ‘beat on alignment’ on this play.
 #75027  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:36 am
Also finally were able to use TTU's aggressiveness against them. Both OLB/Safeties fired into the backfield off the snap and ran themselves out of the play.
 #75065  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:09 pm
FU played 72 players while TTU only played 44. Of course FU won’t play that many this Saturday. Only allowed to take 60 or 65 on the road?
 #75067  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
FU played 72 players while TTU only played 44. Of course FU won’t play that many this Saturday. Only allowed to take 60 or 65 on the road?
I think the limitations on travel squads is primarily set by the conferences, so I do not know if there is a set amount for Saturday's game. That number may be limited more by logistics/finances than anything.
 #75069  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:50 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
I think the limitations on travel squads is primarily set by the conferences, so I do not know if there is a set amount for Saturday's game. That number may be limited more by logistics/finances than anything.
Yes - there used to be - probably still is - a SoCon rule about how many Players could travel to SoCon games. It was 60 or 65 - around there. And Teams could/can dress as many as they want at Home.

Coach Sheridan had a different rule. He traveled 55 and dressed 55 at home. Well, he ‘softened’ after a year or 2 and dressed 55 + Sr.’s who were not on the Top 55. If Players had no chance of contributing on Saturday, he didn’t want them in the way. Their contribution to the win on Saturday concluded on Thursday and they were free until Sunday night meeting @ 6 PM. Scout Team guys really appreciated being able to do what they wanted on Football weekends in the Fall…and Players REALLY appreciated when they made the 55.
cavedweller2 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.