#75025  by cavedweller2
 Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:30 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:01 am
Well you would think they will be in a get healthy this week mindset and just try to out athlete us.
Which would be a big mistake.
 #75026  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:32 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:30 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:01 am
Well you would think they will be in a get healthy this week mindset and just try to out athlete us.
Which would be a big mistake.
I wonder if their coaches plugged in tape on Tyler Huff and just went "oh crap."
 #75028  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:58 am
Let's look at it. Here's the "Official" injury report...

OL/OT - Starter - Cason Henry - OUT
DB/SS - Starter - Nick Emmanwori - Questionable
WR - Starter - Antwane "Juice" Wells - Questionable
WR - Starter - Ahmarean Brown - Probably / Most Likely to Play
WR - Starter - Xavier Legette - Uncertain, left UNC game several times with 'injuries,' but returned after each occasion

OL/OT Starter (2022) - Jaylen Nichols - OUT

LB - Backup - Mohamed Kaba - OUT
OL/OG - Backup - Markee Anderson - Questionable
DB/Nickel - Backup - David Spaulding - Uncertain, left UNC game early on and did not return

OL/OT - Reserve - Ryan Brubaker - OUT

So...in actuality, while they will cry and moan - FUBeAR doesn't see a lot here.

They are down a bit in their depth chart in OT's and we know they gave up some sacks to UNC - so... thinking BIG NIGHTS for Jack Barton and Luke Clark!! RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

And they might be down a bit in their WR corps - which would be VERY helpful - SEC WR's are problems...let's hope they have to dip into the well of those 17 WR's they have on their roster.
 #75034  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:45 pm
Bring this energy and we'll give them all they want.

This is one of those rare plays where the pass yardage was less than the distance the helmet traveled after being dislodged from the offensive player.

#75044  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:41 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:39 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:27 am
Game notes:
Toomey is listed as a starter, Norman listed as second team.
https://furmanpaladins.com/documents/20 ... _Stats.pdf
Awesome. I see Anderson too. Great.

Anyone missing other than Johaanning??
I'm guessing Achina, might not be a go for Saturday.
Achina was on crutches after tweaking a foot.

Freshman Colton Hinton has officially made the 2-deep listed as -or- with Anderson.
 #75045  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:12 am
That some of these guys are listed on the depth chart is good news insofar as they probably didn't sustain any long-lasting injuries Saturday.

There are a number of "ors" on the depth chart, which may suggest they are still questionable for Saturday.
 #75047  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:39 am
A couple of reflections on some players that stepped up in the TTU game.

DiMaggio's play. If DiMaggio can play at the level he played against TTU, that is a big boost to the defense. DiMaggio is not just a big linebacker, he's physically gifted. And I thought Gilby was a big hitter, DiMaggio laid the wood on the Eagles.

Nic Cannon appears to be an excellent special teams player. His open-field tackle was a beauty.
Chizak seems to be a perfect fit at Spur.
I think we will see a lot of Colton Hinton, he's a great change-of-pace guy with his speed and Moxy.
Ben Ferguson, showed us why Clay has said he has the best hands on the team.
dornb liked this
 #75049  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:47 am
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:39 am
A couple of reflections on some players that stepped up in the TTU game.

DiMaggio's play. If DiMaggio can play at the level he played against TTU, that is a big boost to the defense. DiMaggio is not just a big linebacker, he's physically gifted. And I thought Gilby was a big hitter, DiMaggio laid the wood on the Eagles.

Nic Cannon appears to be an excellent special teams player. His open-field tackle was a beauty.
Chizak seems to be a perfect fit at Spur.
I think we will see a lot of Colton Hinton, he's a great change-of-pace guy with his speed and Moxy.
Ben Ferguson, showed us why Clay has said he has the best hands on the team.
I think you saw Thursday some of what is going to make Furman so difficult to deal with defensively. Gilby and Dimaggio technically play the same position. From what I could see, there's really no drop off in terms of speed, tackling, game instincts, etc. So, even if one is one the sideline, the other is flying around the field.

I expected we'd see a lot of Ferguson in terms of picking up a lot of Ryan Miller's pass catching duties. His downfield catch really was impressive. Good to know that Furman has a sure handed slot guy that can make the big play.

Nic Cannon sort of came off the page. He's obviously going to be a big contributor in special teams and worked some in on offense with the injury to Anderson.

One play that stood out is this one. In my view, plays like this are the mark of a good football team - a 52 yard punt and a heat seeking missile coming down the field with a great tackle. With a defense like ours, we can win some games doing this.

AstroDin liked this
 #75050  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:48 am
I'll say this about Hinton, it's impressive he's already getting worked into the rotation as a true freshman on THIS team. A year or two in the program/weight room and he's going to be a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.