• Tennessee Tech - August 31

#74712  by Davemeister
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:54 am
MNORM wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:02 pm
My understanding is all black uniforms with the silver helmets for this game.

Are we supposed to wear black for tomorrow night's game?
 #74714  by KingPaladin
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:28 am
Davemeister wrote:
MNORM wrote:

Yeah, and the students are going to as well (as much as we can get people to care)
 #74718  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:48 pm
FU Students will hopefully turn out. I am hopeful but with Furman starting to get more academic I anticipate a drop in sporting game attendance.

MAKE FU GAMES CLPS
 #74719  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:21 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:48 pm
FU Students will hopefully turn out. I am hopeful but with Furman starting to get more academic I anticipate a drop in sporting game attendance.

MAKE FU GAMES CLPS
No way will it drop, it was basically at ZERO support just 6 or 7 years ago
KingPaladin liked this
 #74720  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:45 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:24 am
In regards to losing Johanning, the big difference is that Hughes has had all camp to prepare at center versus Johanning going down this week and having to scramble. Hughes has played a lot of football for Furman and with the time to prepare, I’m choosing to believe he’ll be fine. CSU was a rough game for a lot of reasons, not just Jumper.

It’s not the center position directly that worries me. I think Hughes will be ok with a whole fall camp to prepare. Instead of having 1 new person on the interior though, now we have two and a guy playing a “new” position. Maybe it takes a little time for them to come together in a real game? We’ll see tomorrow. Personally, I think they’re going to be fine. A good OC and a good, mobile QB can hide some struggles on the line if it takes a few series to get going.

I know Scianna and Kuzemka have played a lot of football for Furman, but losing McCormick for who knows how long probably worries me the most, but we’ll probably be ok there too. I just hope he can shake what’s going on with him. That stuff can linger for a while in some people.

At this point I’m just excited to get going and “worry” about that stuff later if it’s warranted.

I'm not particularly worried about the OL.

Yes, you want your best 5 on the field. That would be ideal. However, none of these guys are straight out of high school. They've all been in a college program a while.

Not only that, Furman cross trains their linemen to play multiple positions.
 #74723  by Flagman
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:28 pm
Davemeister wrote:
MNORM wrote:

Is this officially a Blackout game. See if I understand. The day before the game, without any advance notice via social media or anything for that matter, Furman expects fans to wear black. I was in the bookstore this afternoon. I saw no promotional T-shirts for the game. I guess they’ve sold out.
 #74724  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:13 pm
Flagman wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
MNORM wrote:

Is this officially a Blackout game. See if I understand. The day before the game, without any advance notice via social media or anything for that matter, Furman expects fans to wear black. I was in the bookstore this afternoon. I saw no promotional T-shirts for the game. I guess they’ve sold out.
I think it's the same thing they did last year. They just call the first home night game "after dark" and wear the black uniforms.
 #74725  by Roundball
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:35 pm
Flagman wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
MNORM wrote:

This is not a “blackout” game. No one is expecting fans to wear black. It is simply that the players are wearing black uniforms. We can wear purple, white, black, or any color we want to. No big deal.
FU Hoopla, FurmanATT, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #74736  by FurmAlum
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:00 pm
I have not been as excited about a Furman football season since the 2005. It's been a long time since FU has gotten as much positive attention from the media and ranking services.

That makes me a little nervous that we can live up to the hype. But I think this group of players and coaches can do it. There's a lot of experience coming back from last year.

I don't think Tenn Tech is going to be a pushover.

Go Paladins!
bj93, paladinfan12 liked this
 #74737  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:21 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
I have not been as excited about a Furman football season since the 2005. It's been a long time since FU has gotten as much positive attention from the media and ranking services.

That makes me a little nervous that we can live up to the hype. But I think this group of players and coaches can do it. There's a lot of experience coming back from last year.

Go Paladins!
TTU is for sure not coming to lose. A win in Greenville would give them instant credibility as a program. Arguably the biggest game on their schedule.

Furman is the heavy favorite, but they are going to give us a fight.
 #74739  by gofurman
 Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:37 am
The Jackal wrote:
FurmAlum wrote:

Go Paladins!
TTU is for sure not coming to lose. A win in Greenville would give them instant credibility as a program. Arguably the biggest game on their schedule.

THIS> REAL PROGRAMS respect everyone and while they expect to win they do NOT expect to just show up and win.. they know they have to give everything on EVERY PLAY and that is what makes them good. ANything less and upsets happen. TTU has this game circled I guarantee you. It's an opportunity for instant respect. These aren't chumps - they are recruited scholarship players picked third in their conference.
 #74740  by gofurman
 Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:39 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:24 am
In regards to losing Johanning, the big difference is that Hughes has had all camp to prepare at center versus Johanning going down this week and having to scramble. Hughes has played a lot of football for Furman and with the time to prepare, I’m choosing to believe he’ll be fine. CSU was a rough game for a lot of reasons, not just Jumper.

It’s not the center position directly that worries me. I think Hughes will be ok with a whole fall camp to prepare. Instead of having 1 new person on the interior though, now we have two and a guy playing a “new” position. Maybe it takes a little time for them to come together in a real game? We’ll see tomorrow. Personally, I think they’re going to be fine. A good OC and a good, mobile QB can hide some struggles on the line if it takes a few series to get going.

I know Scianna and Kuzemka have played a lot of football for Furman, but losing McCormick for who knows how long probably worries me the most, but we’ll probably be ok there too. I just hope he can shake what’s going on with him. That stuff can linger for a while in some people.

At this point I’m just excited to get going and “worry” about that stuff later if it’s warranted.
Yep. Multiple moves on the OL aren't best - hope we are good there... but I do hope McCormick is ok - not just football but I hate to hear of head injuries.
 #74755  by FUpaladin08
 Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:43 am
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FurmAlum wrote:

Go Paladins!

THIS> REAL PROGRAMS respect everyone and while they expect to win they do NOT expect to just show up and win.. they know they have to give everything on EVERY PLAY and that is what makes them good. ANything less and upsets happen. TTU has this game circled I guarantee you. It's an opportunity for instant respect. These aren't chumps - they are recruited scholarship players picked third in their conference.
This game kinda feels like the 2005 opener at JSU (but luckily this is a home game). Highly ranked and expected to win. This isn’t North Greenville so agreed with what was said: show up on every play and win.
 #74759  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:15 am
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:43 am
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FurmAlum wrote:

Go Paladins!

This game kinda feels like the 2005 opener at JSU (but luckily this is a home game). Highly ranked and expected to win. This isn’t North Greenville so agreed with what was said: show up on every play and win.

That game was on the road against a top 20 opponent.

I think we, as fans, need to understand this Furman team isn't going to beat everyone by a billion points. We're gonna play some tough teams. Outside of South Carolina, we may be the biggest game on every team's schedule this year. We're going to play some close games. We may end up losing a game or two we shouldn't.

I'm excited to see the story of this season unfold. We should be pretty good. It'd be nice to see the boys go make a nice statement out of the gate.
FUwolfpacker liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.