#74571  by Flagman
 Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:09 pm
Current forecast for next Thursday is sunny and 84 for a high so rain likely, make sure your rain gear is handy. ;)
You jinxed us. It is still a few days out, but the tropical system forming in the Gulf is a little concerning as it keeps shifting left with each computer run. Forecast models have moved it from a track 150 miles east of us to now being only about 50 miles east. Any future shifts west is going to mean heavy rain for us. Just something to keep an eye on for our game.
Yep when they started talking about the tropics 3 weeks ago we knew it wiuld be here Aug. 31. On top of that Chris Justice gave us the kiss of death with a sunny and 78 forecast last night. Weather channel now saying 60% chance of rain. :shock:
You trust a man who's right only around 50% of the time.
 #74592  by apaladin
 Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:16 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:09 pm
Current forecast for next Thursday is sunny and 84 for a high so rain likely, make sure your rain gear is handy. ;)
You jinxed us. It is still a few days out, but the tropical system forming in the Gulf is a little concerning as it keeps shifting left with each computer run. Forecast models have moved it from a track 150 miles east of us to now being only about 50 miles east. Any future shifts west is going to mean heavy rain for us. Just something to keep an eye on for our game.
Yep when they started talking about the tropics 3 weeks ago we knew it wiuld be here Aug. 31. On top of that Chris Justice gave us the kiss of death with a sunny and 78 forecast last night. Weather channel now saying 60% chance of rain. :shock:
You trust a man who's right only around 50% of the time.
No thats why I said he gave us the kiss of death saying it would be sunny, which means rains. Weather Channel now says 71% chance of rain clearing overnight, so just perfect timing to mess up opening night. Dry Friday and Saturday. Of course still 4 days away.
 #74594  by Paul C
 Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:19 pm
We will be ok. If you download Windy.com you can look at all the different models. The most accurate, the European model, has us dry on Thurs afternoon/eve. The GFS/NOAA model is the one showing some rain. It’s less accurate. Let’s hope that plays itself out that way.
 #74606  by dornb
 Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:35 pm
Will Furman have a live band and food trucks in the Fan Zone this year? I haven't seen anything listed about that. If so, I would like to know which food trucks will be there for each game. If not, I need to make food plans. We really have enjoyed the Fan Zone the last couple of years but would like to know before each game what, if anything, will be available. :?: :?: :?:

Go Paladins! I am so excited about this season!
apaladin liked this
 #74609  by apaladin
 Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:29 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:19 pm
We will be ok. If you download Windy.com you can look at all the different models. The most accurate, the European model, has us dry on Thurs afternoon/eve. The GFS/NOAA model is the one showing some rain. It’s less accurate. Let’s hope that plays itself out that way.
As of tonight the storm appears to going more south so that is good. Little to no chance of rain right now but still 3-4 days to go. May even be cool. Might need a jacket, that is crazy!!
 #74610  by Roundball
 Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:57 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:14 pm
75 degrees and partly cloudy. Read it wipe it the money am on the dresser!
Cavedweller’s money am on the dresser is the winner!
 #74622  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:36 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:21 pm
A little bit concerning - Jacob Johanning is not listed on the depth chart.
Neither is McCormick or Maier.

I guess you hope they've been a little banged up and they're just getting some rest versus them being out for a long period of time.

I'm not sure if/when Hendrix will have any media availability before the first game, but I'll be looking forward to an update on those guys.
 #74623  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:40 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:36 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:21 pm
A little bit concerning - Jacob Johanning is not listed on the depth chart.
Neither is McCormick or Maier.

I guess you hope they've been a little banged up and they're just getting some rest versus them being out for a long period of time.

I'm not sure if/when Hendrix will have any media availability before the first game, but I'll be looking forward to an update on those guys.

I mean, the depth chart isn't written in blood, but if someone isn't listed at all, it's usually a pretty good chance we won't see them.

It's a short week, and there may be a few guys banged up that aren't worth risking Thursday.
 #74627  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:50 pm
dornb wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:35 pm
Will Furman have a live band and food trucks in the Fan Zone this year? I haven't seen anything listed about that. If so, I would like to know which food trucks will be there for each game. If not, I need to make food plans. We really have enjoyed the Fan Zone the last couple of years but would like to know before each game what, if anything, will be available. :?: :?: :?:

Go Paladins! I am so excited about this season!
In case you haven’t seen it, Fan Zone opens at 4PM with a live band(Commodore Fox) and Food Trucks but they are unannounced. I think it’s a secret! 😀
dornb liked this
 #74629  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:02 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:31 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:19 pm
Games Notes: https://furmanpaladins.com/documents/20 ... _Stats.pdf

Been nearly 20 years since we have been this loaded with talent...........
We've got potential, but at this point everything's just on paper.

I am most excited to see our offense incorporate the new-look TE corps. If some of these guys are as advertised, that's going to be a whale of a problem for defenses.
AstroDin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.