• Tennessee Tech - August 31

#74461  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:42 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:04 pm

I can't imagine Furman making major changes to the primary uniform, especially after having all the PR photos for the season done this year.
Not implying major changes to primary uniform. There had been some debate whether Hendrix comments were in regards to the black ones from last year or new ones. I doubt the guys would be reacting that way if it was the same black uniform.

If anything, I’m sure it’s a minor tweak with a nod to something from the past.
 #74462  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:58 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:42 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:04 pm

I can't imagine Furman making major changes to the primary uniform, especially after having all the PR photos for the season done this year.
Not implying major changes to primary uniform. There had been some debate whether Hendrix comments were in regards to the black ones from last year or new ones. I doubt the guys would be reacting that way if it was the same black uniform.

If anything, I’m sure it’s a minor tweak with a nod to something from the past.
What? The chess piece logo on the helmet? (Yawn)

The cartoon Paladin? (No way CCH is a CDS disciple and he knows how much Coach Sheridan hated that cartoon)

Death Dealer on the helmet - that’s a possibility, but to do that officially would most likely require paying Frazetta or the Frazetta Estate

A different color, on a different component of the uniform, from within the purple, white, silver, black pallet? We’ve done all those within the past 7 years or so that most of those kids have been on the roster.

Nah…it’s the Hurricane jerseys…has to be.
AstroDin liked this
 #74464  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:59 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:28 am
Chrome dome
Maybe - those were big from 2012 - 2015 or so.

Is the 'old' because we used to wear silver helmets? Meh...maybe.

Hurricane jersey would be WAY BETTER AND have residual 'buzz' and marketing oppty's.

1925 Furman Purple Hurricane - defeated South Carolina & Clemson
 #74465  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:48 am
I personally think purple britches would be a nice touch.

I went back and looked at two teams with similar color palettes (Northwestern and TCU). I believe TCU's purple is exactly the same as Furman's.

Both teams seem to use a rotation of purple, black, and white pants. They'll go purple over black, purple over purple, black over purple, in addition to the combinations with white pants.

Seems like if Furman has already demonstrated a willingness to expand beyond the purple/white combos (which they have), then maybe coordinating the black/white/purple pants would be a sharp look.
 #74466  by Purple rain
 Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:14 am
I know the guys who play the game in FBS and FCS football love the alternate stuff. It is a strong motivating tool. Some go deeper into it like Oregon. Some are more traditional like Georgia and Alabama. If it gets our kids fired up, then so be it!
Can't wait till toe meets leather next Thursday night at the home of the DINS.
gman84, AstroDin, MNORM and 1 others liked this
 #74525  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:44 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:09 pm
Current forecast for next Thursday is sunny and 84 for a high so rain likely, make sure your rain gear is handy. ;)
Told ya! Rain chances have more than doubled in one day. Now up to 48%.
 #74528  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:44 pm
apaladin wrote:
Current forecast for next Thursday is sunny and 84 for a high so rain likely, make sure your rain gear is handy. ;)
Told ya! Rain chances have more than doubled in one day. Now up to 48%.
Just check 3 hours before kickoff!
 #74541  by gcobob
 Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:02 pm
I'm new to the site...don't know how to post new topic. I have a full hookup motor home site available for Furman vs USC. $200.00 Friday thru Sunday.
 #74545  by Roundball
 Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
You jinxed us. It is still a few days out, but the tropical system forming in the Gulf is a little concerning as it keeps shifting left with each computer run. Forecast models have moved it from a track 150 miles east of us to now being only about 50 miles east. Any future shifts west is going to mean heavy rain for us. Just something to keep an eye on for our game.
 #74561  by cavedweller2
 Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:14 pm
75 degrees and partly cloudy. Read it wipe it the money am on the dresser!
Chuckles liked this
 #74564  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
You jinxed us. It is still a few days out, but the tropical system forming in the Gulf is a little concerning as it keeps shifting left with each computer run. Forecast models have moved it from a track 150 miles east of us to now being only about 50 miles east. Any future shifts west is going to mean heavy rain for us. Just something to keep an eye on for our game.
Yep when they started talking about the tropics 3 weeks ago we knew it wiuld be here Aug. 31. On top of that Chris Justice gave us the kiss of death with a sunny and 78 forecast last night. Weather channel now saying 60% chance of rain. :shock:
 #74565  by gman84
 Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:11 pm
Today is 8/26/23. I’ll be concerned about the weather for 8/31/23 on 8/31/23. No matter the weather, it won’t be near 100 degrees ! I’ll take it . ;)

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by The Jackal

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.