Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:12 pm

Don't even know the way
I gotit! Dionne Warwick. :D
FUBeAR liked this
 #74396  by Affirm
 Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:58 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:56 am
FBS schools in SEC, ACC, and Big 12 that still don't have a full non-conference schedule and don't have an FCS opponent in 2027:
- Duke
- FSU
- Georgia Tech
- Miami
- Pitt
- Syracuse
- Wake Forest
- Houston
- Oklahoma
- Cincinatti
- Texas
- UCF
- K State
- Alabama
- Arkansas
- Auburn
- Ole Miss
- Florida
- Georgia
- Tennessee
- LSU
- Vanderbilt

I stopped counting after awhile. All of these schools are Power 5 and within one time zone. Moral of story - There are still plenty of fish in the sea.

The only way I find the San Jose State game palatable is if 2031 is a year you can play 12 games and Chattanooga has 2 FBS money games. San Jose State seems winnable and San Fran sounds not very hot in September.
I like your thinking.
You did not mention Big Ten. Both Michigan and Northwestern appear to still need to add some OOC games, although with new teams coming in, any Big Ten (as well as any Big 12 and any SEC) probably needs to hold off.
Both of those are closer than than several on your list. Closer than Kansas State, Houston, Texas, Syracuse, Miami. And Ann Arbor is Eastern Time.
It would be interesting to have a game with Army (independent). They usually have at least one FCS on their schedule. Citadel recently got on their schedule for 2033. Army plays (or has played) numerous FCS schools in the Northeast such as Colgate and Holy Cross, but they also play or have recently played Abilene Christian.
Someone else may beat me to it, but if not, I will be looking in the new media guide to see when (if ever) we played Army in the past.
 #74423  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:06 pm
The point is other teams are not waiting to schedule games. Just today Miss. St. added an FCS opponent for 2028.
 #74431  by Affirm
 Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:06 pm
The point is other teams are not waiting to schedule games. Just today Miss. St. added an FCS opponent for 2028.
Oh well, that shoots down my comment "... with new teams coming in, any Big Ten (as well as any Big 12 and any SEC) probably needs to hold off ... ). I believe these Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC are all probably swimming in dollars, so much so that if they have to cancel on any contracted FCS opponent then they can easily give the FCS opponent a payout. So yeah, I hope we are pursuing games with those teams and others on paladinfan12's list plus Michigan, Northwestern, Army, etc. I guess that is happening and we just are not aware.
apaladin liked this
 #74432  by Affirm
 Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:58 pm
Here's the info about when we played Army in the past. All games were at West Point.
0-54 loss in 1930 (overall 6-3-1)
0-13 loss in 1932 (overall 8-1, including wins over both Clemson and USC)
7-16 loss in 1939 (overall 5-4, including wins over both Clemson and Georgia)
0-41 loss in 1953 (overall 7-2, including wins over both Florida State and Wake Forest)
0-81 loss in 1955 (overall, 1-9, including the 13-9 win over Davidson; the 9 losses included Auburn, USC, Clemson, NC State, Florida State, etc.)
After 1955, through 1964, Furman continued playing some games - a total of 22 - against “big names” including Alabama, Auburn, Penn State, etc. The only W’s achieved out of those 22 were against Memphis and Vanderbilt. By 1965 and continuing through 1975 (11 years) Furman played zero “big names”. The next “big name” was 1976, NC State. Furman won, 18-12, in Raleigh.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.