• (8-0) #25 Furman @ Elon Tuesday Dec. 4th

#7373  by gman
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:36 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:27 am
I do not know the history, other than it started on the academic side, and then they upped their game on athletic side.

I think their recruiting has probably targeted northerners who want a smaller college experience.

They have done well, all the way around.

CONTRAST that with HIgh Point which got a president with a bunch of his own $$$ to spend, built all this country club like atmosphere, targeting northerners as well---just not the same caliber student and the school therefore does not have near the reputation that Elon has.
For the record, I know Dr. Nido R. Qubein. He is a good man with an awesome American success story. He has lead High Point well. http://www.highpoint.edu/president/
 #7375  by CharlieFU
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:56 am
gman wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:36 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:27 am
I do not know the history, other than it started on the academic side, and then they upped their game on athletic side.

I think their recruiting has probably targeted northerners who want a smaller college experience.

They have done well, all the way around.

CONTRAST that with HIgh Point which got a president with a bunch of his own $$$ to spend, built all this country club like atmosphere, targeting northerners as well---just not the same caliber student and the school therefore does not have near the reputation that Elon has.
For the record, I know Dr. Nido R. Qubein. He is a good man with an awesome American success story. He has lead High Point well. http://www.highpoint.edu/president/
Not questioning his character or integrity. My niece was a student there, and my son visited there. It's just a different place and way of building your brand.
 #7387  by fufanatic
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm
We could easily lose at any point so I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but it would be so fun to make it to LSU undefeated in a couple of weeks. We would probably be one of only a handful of undefeated teams left and would give us a few more weeks of being in legit national conversations.
dornb, FUKA61, FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #7391  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm
We could easily lose at any point so I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but it would be so fun to make it to LSU undefeated in a couple of weeks. We would probably be one of only a handful of undefeated teams left and would give us a few more weeks of being in legit national conversations.

Target has been placed on our back, let's go Dins!!!!
dornb liked this
 #7393  by Paul C
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:44 pm
I’m just enjoying and savoring this run for what it is. Unprecedented and amazingly gratifying.....

We WILL stub our toe and lose to a team or two or three we “shouldn’t lose to”.....when that happens, no regrets. Just regroup and soldier on.

Nothing will ever change the AP Top 25 for the week of Dec 3, 2018.
dornb, gman, FUKA61 and 10 others liked this
 #7407  by furpop16
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:34 pm
From NCAA.com on each of the remaining eleven undefeated teams:

FURMAN (8-0). No way were the Paladins supposed to be in this club. Not after playing half of last year’s Final Four on the road. But meet the Flying Wallendas of college basketball. Three of Furman’s eight victories have come in overtime, including at No. 8 Villanova, the highest ranked opponent the Paladins have beaten in 39 years. There was also the winning dunk in the last two seconds at Loyola Chicago.

Did you know . . . there were 45 lead changes in Furman’s three overtime victories.

Beware . . . The trip to LSU on Dec. 21. But then, for Furman and all the others, every game comes with a warning. It’s easy to get kicked out of this club.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... basketball
 #7411  by Fessor
 Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 am
furpop16 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:34 pm
Beware . . . The trip to LSU on Dec. 21. But then, for Furman and all the others, every game comes with a warning. It’s easy to get kicked out of this club.

Put another way: You take the stairs up and the elevator down.

But the elevator doesn't go back to the ground floor.

One game at a time. Get better over the course of the season. Be peaking in March.

Beat Elon.
FUKA61 liked this
 #7421  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am
PaladinPower wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:04 am
Is there going to be a way to stream this game? It is outrageous that Furman at last gets ranked and they won't even stream this game on ESPN+...
Go to the www.furmanpaladins,com game story and click on " video". there is a link to stretch internet. watch it there.
 #7422  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:17 am
apaladin wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
Is there going to be a way to stream this game? It is outrageous that Furman at last gets ranked and they won't even stream this game on ESPN+...
Go to the www.furmanpaladins.com game story and click on " video". there is a link to stretch internet. watch it there.
 #7423  by furpop16
 Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 am
apaladin wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:

Go to the www.furmanpaladins.com game story and click on " video". there is a link to stretch internet. watch it there.

Here's the link to the stretch-internet portal: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/elon ... Type=video

It says to return 15 minutes prior to game-time. I'm waiting ...

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.