• 2024 Recruiting

#73325  by FUwolfpacker
 Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:20 pm
In more serious news, a Lake City football coach, 2 Lake City players, and 2 magnet school players were injured on the way back from a camp at SC State when their mini bus collided with a tractor trailer.

One of the players was a guy Furman offered I believe. Article say Andre McFadden Pressley was one of the LC students. Pretty sure that’s the Lorenzo McFadden Pressley from Twitter that reports a Furman offer. Coach had to be airlifted. Not sure the condition of any of them right now but definitely keep them in your thoughts/prayers.
 #73354  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:54 pm
Jayden Fuller selected Miami (OH). Not a huge surprise. Hadn’t heard much buzz with him to this point.
 #73368  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:45 pm
BIG (literally and figuratively) for the ‘Dins! Local kid with a big frame and a ton of upside!

O’Dell had a ton of offers. In addition to the ones on this graphic. WCU and ETSU had offered recently.

Last edited by FUwolfpacker on Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #73369  by 'Din Djarin
 Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:00 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:45 pm
BIG (literally and figuratively) for the ‘Dins! Local kid with a big frame and a ton of upside!

6'6", 290 as a high schooler? O'DELL yeah, get this young giant on Clay's line.
 #73371  by The Jackal
 Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:01 pm
Watched O'Dell's film a bit. He's an interesting prospect. Obviously, he's a big frame and appears to be a good athlete. Going to be fun to watch our coaching staff develop him.
 #73372  by AstroDin
 Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:51 pm
I've been out of the country for a few weeks — catching up on all the commitments.

This class is stellar!
FUwolfpacker, dornb liked this
 #73373  by Afurmanfan
 Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:17 pm
This young man takes his assignments rather seriously. Hated playing against guys like that- which is good for us!
 #73486  by The Jackal
 Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:37 pm
Dobbins looks like one of those guys that when he gets his mitts on you, the run's over.
 #73490  by The Jackal
 Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:06 am
For those concerned about uniform color choices.

Probably read it and forgot it - but I had not realized Hedden is 6'3 210.
apaladin liked this
 #73665  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:11 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:47 pm
This has been an incredibly slow work week for me, so I've been doing some twitter/IG investigation to see who was at the Furman VIP day this past week since we had 5-6 commits recently.

VIP Day attendees best I can gather. Could not confirm that Jordan Miller was in town for it on social media.

RB Jeremiah Gavin Hall COMMIT
NG Bruce Knauber COMMIT
QB Terry Hedden III COMMIT
WR Devin Hester Jr COMMIT
WR Santino Varvel COMMIT
TE Jackson Pryor COMMIT
DE/LB Jalin Edwards
OL Steven O’Dell
DB Kevin Doddard
DE/LB Malaki Dobbins
OL Charlie Stewart
OL Chase Gregorek
OL Noah Akinsola
S/ATH Edward "Tre" Brown (I'm fairly certain this was the other guy but still can't find the confirmation)

If we are operating on the 5-6 commits from this past week and that Pryor and Varvel are two of them, there are probably 3-4 from this list that might have committed.

Again, I have no inside info so I'm just guessing, but I feel pretty good about Dobbins. I feel decent about Doddard. O'Dell committing next week after being at this event is certainly encouraging depending on where he goes this week (if he has a visit).

We'll see where it shakes out over the next few weeks though.
 #73681  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 pm
Disappointing not to get Stewart, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Looks like Jalin Edwards is supposed to decide Friday, so that's probably the next one to watch.
 #73682  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:59 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 pm
Disappointing not to get Stewart, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Looks like Jalin Edwards is supposed to decide Friday, so that's probably the next one to watch.
Just speculatin’

For a smart kid from Raleigh (which automatically makes him one of the cool kids also), FUBeAR bets that having Elon, Campbell, and NC A&T in-conference makes W&M (and Richmond) considerably more attractive to him and his family than it might have been otherwise. Might see some tougher battles for those smart kids to the North of TR from those 2 (or even 3…or…even 5 if you count all of them) schools than we may have seen in the past.

Adding the Southern (NC) ‘tail’ to the CAA was surely a helpful move for those VA schools…and the added NC ones too.

SoCon needs to be like that ol’ Farmer’s Wife…🔪…but get all 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 of ‘em.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.