• 2024 Recruiting

#73181  by FUwolfpacker
 Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:05 pm
Feels like I might be talking to myself at this point but the commits keep on coming! Up to 5 for the weekend!

#73188  by The Jackal
 Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:18 pm
Just saw the post saying they were waiting to see who the players were - so I read the post from the person that didn't read the thread.
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #73198  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:16 am
Could be reaching here but I think Varvel might be one of the commits. He was recently here on a visit, he has been liking/RT/commenting on some of the known commits posts, and then this post by Hedden. Might be nothing though 🤷‍♂️. Not sure of the level of competition but he consistently runs by guys on go routes on his film.

I’m sure someone will have the answer but I can’t remember the last time we recruited a guy from Arizona. If the coaches had him in for a visit from AZ, I would think they must really like him.

#73200  by Sad Din
 Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:28 am
Honestly exciting where this program is going. CCH is competing and winning recruiting wars with sevrice academies. Service academies recruit a particular player and develop them to become competitive against larger D1 programs. Discipline and coaching is what makes them unique.
 #73211  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:36 pm
Not going to know for sure for a few days, but keep an eye on Malaki Dobbins. Announcing July 22. Offers from Furman, AF, Navy, and Valpo. 2 FU commits and 3 Furman coaches liked the commit announcement tweet below. A lot of things point toward him being a possible commit. No inside knowledge. Just reading the tea leaves.

#73213  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:00 pm
Furman makes top 5 for Jayden Fuller. Furman was on him early and he had a LOT of offers including Mercer, Citadel, Richmond, Wofford, ODU, Elon, App, Charlotte, and Liberty.

#73215  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:42 am
Again, no inside info here but a couple more commitment date announcements from guys Furman has offered. Given the fact that Furman got 5-6 commits this weekend, anytime one of these guys with an offer, especially one that recently visited, announces a commitment date, it’s something to keep an eye on just in case.

Roper and Mainsah liked this one along with recent commit Jordan Miller and Malaki Dobbins (who I think MIGHT soon be a commit). Not sure how Dobbins and Varvel would have much interaction unless they spent some time together at Furman but who knows.

6 FU coaches and incoming freshman Chris Luna liked this just fyi.
 #73217  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:14 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:05 am
I would assume that having an early QB commit helps getting a class to come together.
Especially when he seems to be a very willing recruiter.

Was meaning to bring this up, but I feel like the guys in this class have been very active and vocal on social media in recruiting other targets. At least it seems like more than in years past.