• 160 DAYS TO KICKOFF

#72964  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:31 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:37 am
Kickoff 9 weeks from tonight!!!
Let's GOOOOO!!!! 9 weeks is going to fly by. Isn't it time to begin some predictions?
 #72973  by gofurman
 Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:49 am
Look. I am all Paladin. But things happen. Samford etc. We EASILY coulda lost to a horrible CSU team.

I’ll say 8-3. ksu I have no idea. Hope it’s easy. But Samford has the best qb in the nation per Sam Herder. Mercer has 2 of the top 5 WRs by the same list. We lost at western with our 2005 team. If you are an 80% chance to win in all 10 games .. odds of actually winning all 10 games is a mere 10%. Ten pct. And we aren’t an 80% favorite at Samford etc. I say 10 games as I’m just not messing with USC right now. Just like SAmford (loss) or Charleston southern (escape) last yr…. It’s SO hard to win each game. Ryan milller speaks to the Samford game in the interview. Things snowball in weird ways. Both ways

I’ll say 8-3 overall hoping for 9-2. That includes USC.
 #72974  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:52 am
gofurman wrote:
Look. I am all Paladin. But things happen. Samford etc. We EASILY coulda lost to a horrible CSU team.

I’ll say 8-3. ksu I have no idea. Hope it’s easy. But Samford has the best qb in the nation per Sam Herder. Mercer has 2 of the top 5 WRs by the same list. We lost at western with our 2005 team. If you are an 80% chance to win in all 10 games .. odds of actually winning all 10 games is a mere 10%. Ten pct. And we aren’t an 80% favorite at Samford etc. I say 10 games as I’m just not messing with USC right now. Just like SAmford (loss) or Charleston southern (escape) last yr…. It’s SO hard to win each game. Ryan milller speaks to the Samford game in the interview. Things snowball in weird ways. Both ways

11-0 makes it so.
10-1 gets it done.
9-2 barely gets us through.
8-3 well...we'll see.
7-4 no playoffs for 'shor.'
6-5 internet 'coaches' thrive.
5-6 lotta dogs getting kicks.
4-7 no bread will leaven.
3-8 the heartbreak is great.
2-9 the sun don't shine.
1-10 FUBeAR's in the loony bin.
0-11 FUBeAR sends his own self to Heaven...or wherever.
 #72975  by The Jackal
 Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:49 am
gofurman wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree with you that things happen. Any team to get to 9 or 10 wins is going to have to dodge a few bullets and have a fair amount of luck along the way.

Personally, I think we're the team to beat in the SoCon.

Yes, Samford's got a QB. They always have a QB, though. Honestly, at this point, you know exactly what to expect with Samford. They are the essentially the same team every year.
 #72985  by paladinfan12
 Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:38 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:52 am
gofurman wrote:

11-0 makes it so.
10-1 gets it done.
9-2 barely gets us through.
8-3 well...we'll see.
7-4 no playoffs for 'shor.'
6-5 internet 'coaches' thrive.
5-6 lotta dogs getting kicks.
4-7 no bread will leaven.
3-8 the heartbreak is great.
2-9 the sun don't shine.
1-10 FUBeAR's in the loony bin.
0-11 FUBeAR sends his own self to Heaven...or wherever.
With how high Furman is starting in the polls and assuming one of your 3 losses is to South Carolina - I think 8-3 is a lock to get in. The SoCon is surprisingly getting good recognition preseason for a change.

7-4 would be below 50% chance you get in. 6-5 you're out
 #72986  by Davemeister
 Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:08 am
In a similar vein:

11-0 ain't so

10-1 would be fun

9-2 prolly true

8-3 don't wanna be

7-4 bar the door
FUBeAR liked this
 #73002  by gofurman
 Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:15 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:49 am
gofurman wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree with you that things happen. Any team to get to 9 or 10 wins is going to have to dodge a few bullets and have a fair amount of luck along the way.

Personally, I think we're the team to beat in the SoCon.

Yes, Samford's got a QB. They always have a QB, though. Honestly, at this point, you know exactly what to expect with Samford. They are the essentially the same team every year.
Agree. Until last year. Didn’t Samford RUN for three or four huge gains and long TDS last year? I am asking. I think it was last year. Please correct me if wrong. I often am. That was so weird watching Sammy run for 40 yard TDS. Like bizzaro world

And yep. Stuff happens. Ask Bama or Clemson. They will be favored only to watch them Gamecocks beat ‘em !!
 #73003  by The Jackal
 Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:29 am
Samford doesn’t exclusively throw it. They run the ball well enough. That’s not new.

Edit: Only Furman and the Citadel had more rushing attempts than Samford did last season.
Last edited by The Jackal on Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #73076  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:38 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:58 pm
Anyone seen any Furman Whiskey on the shelf?
Total Wine has a display. Saw it somewhere else but can’t remember where. I’m not a drinker.😀
 #73077  by FUBeAR
 Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:30 am
apaladin wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:
Total Wine has a display. Saw it somewhere else but can’t remember where. I’m not a drinker.😀
Caption on Facebook post (if y'all can see this...can you?) says this display is in a Total Wine (hey, just realized...ya can't spell Total Wine without typing "TOTAL WIN"...cool) in Myrtle Beach.

dornb, FU Hoopla liked this
 #73081  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:36 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:30 am
apaladin wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:
Caption on Facebook post (if y'all can see this...can you?) says this display is in a Total Wine (hey, just realized...ya can't spell Total Wine without typing "TOTAL WIN"...cool) in Myrtle Beach.

Nice the one in Greenville has the doamond F flag.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.