• Last Ask The AD Until Fall

#71701  by palafan
 Tue May 09, 2023 12:57 pm
Citadel has a home and home with NDSU. Any action on getting games with the big dogs like this? A nice game in Montana or Idaho would be great so we can get in some fishing too. :D
 #71711  by JohnKX512
 Tue May 09, 2023 2:18 pm
palafan wrote:
Citadel has a home and home with NDSU. Any action on getting games with the big dogs like this? A nice game in Montana or Idaho would be great so we can get in some fishing too. :D
I will happily travel to Bozeman for a rematch from 2001. Beautiful country.

How in the heck did Citadel convince NDSU to play?
 #71712  by Roundball
 Tue May 09, 2023 3:38 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
palafan wrote:

NDSU gets to bring its team to Charleston, South Carolina in August. That will quite a reward for those players. But, wait until they step off the plane to the heat and humidity.
Last edited by Roundball on Tue May 09, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #71713  by FUBeAR
 Tue May 09, 2023 4:30 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
palafan wrote:

It will be interesting to see what insights JD the VP&AD has on this question…and, also, perhaps, what FUBeAR perceives is the ‘real’ question … ‘why ain’t we schedule deez games?’

…but FUBeAR also likes to speculate without any specific knowledge whatsoever. Let’s see…

FUBeAR speculates that the bellhops were willing to take some kind of ‘haircut’ on this home & home deal - not sure how it would be structured, but he’s betting the bizuns gained a financial edge for these 2 games with the bellhops vs. what they would have seen with/from other FCS Top-Tier Conference Teams.

The reason why FUBeAR speculates the bellhops would do this is they plan to bundle the signing of these games with the playing of 1 of them in ChuckTown in 2025 with the enthusiasm around a new Coaching Staff / New Football era & make a HARD push to market these things in a MAJOR campaign to fund the rebuild of the visitors side of their stadium. This funding project has been languishing there for 6 years with sporadic, vague updates, etc. Those (overly) proud bellhop alums, FUBeAR believes can be shame-bullied into getting off their wallets if they think the whole (Yankee) nation might be looking at the (current - see below) visitor’s side of the their stadium some future Sat. afternoon…and they are gonna ‘sell’ that this game is gonna be some kinda Kickoff Classic that will be broadcast on the Flagship and they just cannot let the nation see Great Granddaddy’s Football Stadium in such ill repair….etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum. We’ll see how they sell it & see if FUBeAR is Nostradamus or Ignoramus…this time.

#71715  by Affirm
 Tue May 09, 2023 9:44 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
palafan wrote:

WCU is going to U of Montana for a game soon.
ETSU has home & home vs. NDSU before Citadel does.
Mercer has home & home against Princeton soon.
Yes, some of our SoCon brethren perhaps may seem to be a little more “outside the box” with their OOC scheduling than we seem to be.
I do like that we have W&M and NCA&TSU scheduled. And it is great that we get to play Tennessee Tech, South Carolina, and Kennesaw State this year.
bj93 liked this
 #71718  by gman84
 Wed May 10, 2023 8:51 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 4:30 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
palafan wrote:

It will be interesting to see what insights JD the VP&AD has on this question…and, also, perhaps, what FUBeAR perceives is the ‘real’ question … ‘why ain’t we schedule deez games?’

…but FUBeAR also likes to speculate without any specific knowledge whatsoever. Let’s see…

FUBeAR speculates that the bellhops were willing to take some kind of ‘haircut’ on this home & home deal - not sure how it would be structured, but he’s betting the bizuns gained a financial edge for these 2 games with the bellhops vs. what they would have seen with/from other FCS Top-Tier Conference Teams.

The reason why FUBeAR speculates the bellhops would do this is they plan to bundle the signing of these games with the playing of 1 of them in ChuckTown in 2025 with the enthusiasm around a new Coaching Staff / New Football era & make a HARD push to market these things in a MAJOR campaign to fund the rebuild of the visitors side of their stadium. This funding project has been languishing there for 6 years with sporadic, vague updates, etc. Those (overly) proud bellhop alums, FUBeAR believes can be shame-bullied into getting off their wallets if they think the whole (Yankee) nation might be looking at the (current - see below) visitor’s side of the their stadium some future Sat. afternoon…and they are gonna ‘sell’ that this game is gonna be some kinda Kickoff Classic that will be broadcast on the Flagship and they just cannot let the nation see Great Granddaddy’s Football Stadium in such ill repair….etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum. We’ll see how they sell it & see if FUBeAR is Nostradamus or Ignoramus…this time.

Knowing how the alum of the Chucktown Cadets operate....I think FUBeAR is Nostradamus on this one!
FUBeAR liked this
 #71722  by Affirm
 Wed May 10, 2023 1:03 pm
affirm wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:44 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
palafan wrote:

WCU is going to U of Montana for a game soon.
ETSU has home & home vs. NDSU before Citadel does.
Mercer has home & home against Princeton soon.
Yes, some of our SoCon brethren perhaps may seem to be a little more “outside the box” with their OOC scheduling than we seem to be.
I do like that we have W&M and NCA&TSU scheduled. And it is great that we get to play Tennessee Tech, South Carolina, and Kennesaw State this year.
Adding to the above, I say:
If our AD & our FBHC agree that going out to Montana or the Dakotas or California or Washington for a regular season game is a good idea, then I’m OK with that. However, I expect the negatives outweigh the positives overall. Let’s play the hand we’re dealt (the best [in every sense] schedule that we can create) and then play those distant teams when and if the time comes in postseason. Meanwhile, as we play the hand we’re dealt, let’s steadily keep improving and steadily keep rising to the point that we are actually better than any of those teams, and stay better.
 #71725  by Roundball
 Wed May 10, 2023 5:58 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:27 pm
Alabama is going to NDSU for a game. I don't see why we can't.
I doubt we can afford a trip like that. I would rather get paid to travel to an ACC team or make a shorter trip to FBS schools in the southeast.
 #71726  by Bootie
 Wed May 10, 2023 6:13 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:27 pm
Alabama is going to NDSU for a game. I don't see why we can't.
From google search...

The University of Alabama had a record-setting financial year in 2022 as the school reported a record $214.4 million in revenue. Spending increased as well, but the athletic department still finished the fiscal year positive with $18.5 million, according to AL.com's Michael Casagrande.
 #71727  by FUBeAR
 Wed May 10, 2023 6:55 pm
Bama Sux! We’d whip they a$$ !!!

#FUATT
 #71739  by FUBeAR
 Thu May 11, 2023 12:32 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 12:35 pm
Great show, as always!

FUBeAR particularly enjoyed the 6 minutes related to Football and was excited to hear we have 1 more of these this year with Coach Hendrix as the guest!!
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu May 11, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by The Jackal

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.