• Campaign Launch Timmons Arena Renovation (83% Funded)

#70895  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:06 pm
FU3 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:06 pm
Furman employs about 40 people in a Development Department who are tasked with nothing but fundraising( not counting the excellent staff in Athletic Development).I would hope they have already contacted anyone who has ever donated or reached out to contact alumni who haven’t contributed previously. The amount of older alumni who can afford six figure gifts is obviously small and Furman doesn’t do a particularly good job in relating to or engaging with the younger ( but affluent) alumni base.Hopefully our success in major sports and the plans for a much improved Timmons will act as a catalyst to get them more involved.
Of course, they are doing a great job, about $34 million of the $40 million needed so far is awesome.

But............. Now its time to take the whole dang thing public, get it all out there in every outlet we have available, no reason not to, it can only help at this point....................

If they don't want to do that its fine I guess, I just think it would be a good idea..........
 #70922  by apaladin
 Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:03 am
You would at least think they would put smething on the furmanpaladins web page. That is where local tv gets their FU news so a mention on tv wouldn”t hurt.I bet if you ask Mark and Julia right now they don’t have a clue and no idea renderings have been released.
 #70923  by Roundball
 Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:15 am
There is no doubt that our Development Department and the team put together for this campaign have done a great job already to get 83% of the goal. Raising funds like this takes hard work with boots on the ground. I have seen plenty of information about the campaign on sources like social media, on furman.edu, and in the latest Furman magazine. Few watch local news on tv and even less people read the local newspaper, so those sources really don’t matter much. I am not sure watch else can be done to get the word out.
 #70930  by apaladin
 Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:26 am
Roundball wrote:
There is no doubt that our Development Department and the team put together for this campaign have done a great job already to get 83% of the goal. Raising funds like this takes hard work with boots on the ground. I have seen plenty of information about the campaign on sources like social media, on furman.edu, and in the latest Furman magazine. Few watch local news on tv and even less people read the local newspaper, so those sources really don’t matter much. I am not sure watch else can be done to get the word out.
I think you are correct about the newspaper but wrong about local tv news.
 #70931  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:59 am
Roundball wrote:
Nah there is not really anything about the Timmons Launch on Social media, nothing at all on FU sports social media pages for athletics and hoops, they should at-least put up all the info on those places, just make everything public and easy access so it does not miss a sole, will only help...............
apaladin liked this
 #70934  by Roundball
 Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:13 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Nah there is not really anything about the Timmons Launch on Social media, nothing at all on FU sports social media pages for athletics and hoops, they should at-least put up all the info on those places, just make everything public and easy access so it does not miss a sole, will only help...............
Hoopla, it is all over Twitter. My whole point is pushing back a little is the fact that those in charge of running the campaign have done a great job so far. I have no doubt they will push it over the finish line soon.
 #70935  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:15 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:13 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Hoopla, it is all over Twitter. My whole point is pushing back a little is the fact that those in charge of running the campaign have done a great job so far. I have no doubt they will push it over the finish line soon.

Show me one thing in the past 7 days on twitter that is specifically about the Timmons Arena renovation project?

My point is use every outlet to its max, it will help get there sooner, then we can push for the practice facility money.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.