• Campaign Launch Timmons Arena Renovation (83% Funded)

#70858  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:38 pm
At this point Furman might as well start promoting the campaign all out publicly................

Right now if anyone is going to find out details ect. its because they hunted for it, go ahead, give it easy access and post it on social media ect. for the world to see............
bj93 liked this
 #70862  by Davemeister
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:50 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:19 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:48 pm
Renovations to Timmons Arena, a $40 million project, are now 83% funded

Come on folks let's bring this thing home, spread the word!!!
So that's $6.8M to go

Bet our target to begin construction will be March 2024

Ready for opening night Nov. 2025

Only $6.8M? I'll bet we have people on here who could wipe that out with a few strokes of the pen.

Too bad I'm not one of 'em!
FU Hoopla, apaladin liked this
 #70864  by GOAT
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:13 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:56 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:41 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:59 pm
In a nutshell:

1) We are going to have the nicest campus arena in the SoCon at Timmons, it will seat 2,750, we are hoping to make sellouts a regular thing

2) There will be luxury boxes and tons of new amenities

3) 500 seats will be reserved for students every home game when they are on campus, student involvement will be the backbone of our homecourt advantage

4) We will also have one of the largest arenas in the SoCon at Bon Secours Wellness Arena, 15,000 seats

5) Any game we anticipate that we could draw 4,500+ we will schedule for downtown Greenville, our goal is to eventually host a big time P6 opponent there and fill it up
So basically we will play WC at the Well every year and thats it since no “name” team will play us there.

Even if we don't land a P6 to come play us we have more options than just Wofftard.

We can draw 4k+ easy against the likes of Belmont, Davidson, College of Charleston or a few other Mid-Majors.

Even a SoCon final Saturday game against Samford could bring in 4k+ as both teams will be going for the crown again most likely.

And don't forget about the Greenville Invitational.
What does it cost to rent the Well? Does anyone know?
 #70865  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:26 am
GOAT wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
In a nutshell:

1) We are going to have the nicest campus arena in the SoCon at Timmons, it will seat 2,750, we are hoping to make sellouts a regular thing

3) 500 seats will be reserved for students every home game when they are on campus, student involvement will be the backbone of our homecourt advantage

4) We will also have one of the largest arenas in the SoCon at Bon Secours Wellness Arena, 15,000 seats

5) Any game we anticipate that we could draw 4,500+ we will schedule for downtown Greenville, our goal is to eventually host a big time P6 opponent there and fill it up
So basically we will play WC at the Well every year and thats it since no “name” team will play us there.

Even if we don't land a P6 to come play us we have more options than just Wofftard.

We can draw 4k+ easy against the likes of Belmont, Davidson, College of Charleston or a few other Mid-Majors.

Even a SoCon final Saturday game against Samford could bring in 4k+ as both teams will be going for the crown again most likely.

I've tried to find that out before, as well as what it would cost to pay a P6 to come play us, but I have not figured out those answers as yet.........................
 #70869  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:21 am
GOAT wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
In a nutshell:

I’m sure FU gets a break on the cost since they are already paying a sponsorship fee. They have the FU entrance. Go to any event there and you will see FU ads on the scoreboard and or ribbon board.
Last edited by apaladin on Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #70870  by gman84
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:38 am
apaladin wrote:
GOAT wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
In a nutshell:

I’m sure FU gets a break on the cost since they are already paying a sponsorship fee. They have the FU entrance. Go to any event there and you will see FU ads on the scoreboard and are ribbon board.
The only obstacle I see with scheduling games at the Well is the hockey team probably has priority.
 #70871  by Roundball
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:52 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
At this point Furman might as well start promoting the campaign all out publicly................

Right now if anyone is going to find out details ect. its because they hunted for it, go ahead, give it easy access and post it on social media ect. for the world to see............
I am probably wrong, but I thought it was already on social media, like this tweet from yesterday.
 #70872  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:54 am
gman84 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:38 am
apaladin wrote:
GOAT wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
In a nutshell:

I’m sure FU gets a break on the cost since they are already paying a sponsorship fee. They have the FU entrance. Go to any event there and you will see FU ads on the scoreboard and are ribbon board.
The only obstacle I see with scheduling games at the Well is the hockey team probably has priority.
The hockey schedule was announced in May last year so FU will know well in advance what dates are available,
gman84 liked this
 #70879  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:22 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:52 am
FU Hoopla wrote:

I am probably wrong, but I thought it was already on social media, like this tweet from yesterday.

Nah that's nothing, I am talking about a full blown promotion of the Timmons project all over social media, websites ect., we should just go all out, no reason not to.
 #70881  by Roundball
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:49 pm
The Spring Furman magazine is all about the campaign. In the section about Timmons, Phase III is the Player Development Center, which includes the practice. This may have already been discussed, but I may have missed it. The practice facility is NOT included in the $40 million Phase II scope.
 #70882  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:07 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:49 pm
The Spring Furman magazine is all about the campaign. In the section about Timmons, Phase III is the Player Development Center, which includes the practice. This may have already been discussed, but I may have missed it. The practice facility is NOT included in the $40 million Phase II scope.
Yes has been discussed, that's why the cost is a separate $10+ million venture
Roundball liked this
 #70888  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:19 pm
Would like to see full on public boosting of the Timmons project by Furman athletics website and social media accounts.............

If you're not well in the know or don't check this message board, odds are you don't know much or anything at all about the Timmons project, some of those people could matter...................
 #70889  by FU3
 Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:06 pm
Furman employs about 40 people in a Development Department who are tasked with nothing but fundraising( not counting the excellent staff in Athletic Development).I would hope they have already contacted anyone who has ever donated or reached out to contact alumni who haven’t contributed previously. The amount of older alumni who can afford six figure gifts is obviously small and Furman doesn’t do a particularly good job in relating to or engaging with the younger ( but affluent) alumni base.Hopefully our success in major sports and the plans for a much improved Timmons will act as a catalyst to get them more involved.
Roundball liked this