• NEXT YEAR

#70505  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:50 pm
fu77fan wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:22 pm
I think Western Carolina will be the pre season favorite next year. I believe that they have essentially everyone back except their big man. Now that they apparently have a big man - transfer from LSU in the portal, I think they might be the team to beat.
Again
Williams the transfer they got can only dunk, no skill in his game from videos I've seen. He got zero Power offers heading into college only followed Murray St. coach to LSU, could not crack it at that level with such limited offensive game. He will be a project for a few years up there and may transfer again before he ever amounts to anything.
WCU will be about a .500 team or a few games over next year would be my guess, and then their coach will leave for some other mid-major job, which for them historically is about the best they can hope for lol :lol:
 #70527  by FUBF24
 Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:20 pm
fu77fan wrote:
I think Western Carolina will be the pre season favorite next year. I believe that they have essentially everyone back except their big man. Now that they apparently have a big man - transfer from LSU in the portal, I think they might be the team to beat.
As much as I'm listening to you and hearing you, I just have to say nope. In no year should Western Carolina of all teams be the favorite to win the SoCon. That's like saying Boston College will make the College Football Playoff. They are perennial bottom feeders to me, and I don't see them going far, even with the talent they have. Furman is my SoCon favorite until Bob Richey himself says otherwise.
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #70531  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:25 am
FUBF24 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:20 pm
fu77fan wrote:
As much as I'm listening to you and hearing you, I just have to say nope. In no year should Western Carolina of all teams be the favorite to win the SoCon. That's like saying Boston College will make the College Football Playoff. They are perennial bottom feeders to me, and I don't see them going far, even with the talent they have. Furman is my SoCon favorite until Bob Richey himself says otherwise.

It's a simple fact that they were only 18-16, so not all that good, yeah they have 2 solid guards, that's about it, that's the same two guys that helped them go 18-16 and lost to FU 93-59 without Claude available to play lol. They lost probably their most important player in Claude and have added a guy that is 0-10 all time against Furman from Mercer and a bunch of scrub big men. They will probably finish top 4 in SoCon only because the SoCon won't be very good. I expect our competition at the very top of the league to come from someone else, right now who that will be remains to be seen.
 #70842  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:50 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:41 am

No doubt we are the favorites once again.
Don't forget all-freshman player Vanderwal, we are going to have a few surprise players stepping up as well :D
dornb, furpop16 liked this