• New Asst. Coach

#70253  by fupaladin01
 Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:32 am
It appears we have hired our second coach away from Davidson. Tafon Mainsah is coming on to the FU staff as cornerbacks coach. (Our new RB coach is from Davidson as well) He played at Richmond and spent time in the CFL. Seems like about 4-5 coaches with player or coaching experience from the CAA...

https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2023/4/ ... staff.aspx

Did we lose a coach while I was focused on bball?
 #70258  by AstroDin
 Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:44 am
We hired a new DB coach - who was immediately hired by an NFL team before he ever got to Furman.
At least that's what I heard in Orlando.
 #70260  by FUBeAR
 Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:55 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:44 am
We hired a new DB coach - who was immediately hired by an NFL team before he ever got to Furman.
At least that's what I heard in Orlando.
Yeah - FUBeAR thought he remembered something about hiring this role already, but couldn’t remember the details around the background of the hire and couldn’t find anything online. Just resigned himself to additional CTE issues rising up, but Astro has restored FUBeAR’s severely limited faith in FUBeAR’s severely limited and/or compromised brain.

Who was the earlier hire?
AstroDin liked this
 #70296  by Afurmanfan
 Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:45 am
The first coach had been here two days and Clay said he got the “ coach Hendrix- Sean Peyton is on the phone for you”.
And that was that.
 #70304  by Affirm
 Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:37 pm
This thread’s hard to follow.
1. What position needed to be filled, as of when did it vacate, why did it vacate?
2. Who was selected and hired for 2 days, and why and when did that person leave?
3. Who was hired to replace whoever left after 2 days, and when was that “final” (?) hire?
4. What, if anything, is the expected repercussion? Are we likely to be OK? Are we worse off due to the instability?
 #70305  by FUBeAR
 Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:55 pm
affirm wrote:
This thread’s hard to follow.
1. What position needed to be filled, as of when did it vacate, why did it vacate?
2. Who was selected and hired for 2 days, and why and when did that person leave?
3. Who was hired to replace whoever left after 2 days, and when was that “final” (?) hire?
4. What, if anything, is the expected repercussion? Are we likely to be OK? Are we worse off due to the instability?
DB’s / Secondary / Cornerbacks Coach - some relatively minor variation in titles during these transitions…

Corico Wright - from Furman to Delaware with Pass Defense Coordinator enhancement

Addison Lynch - from Detroit Lions to Furman (briefly) to Denver Broncos

Tafon Mainsah from Davidson to Furman

…that’s all from FUBeAR’s (refreshed) memory…so trust at your own peril
AstroDin liked this
 #70352  by Davemeister
 Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:23 am
affirm wrote:

I think we are very likely to be OK.
 #70413  by The Jackal
 Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:39 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:23 am
affirm wrote:

I think we are very likely to be OK.
I think Coach Spangler has typically also held some defensive back title and return a ton of depth on in the secondary, so I imagine spring practice didn't skip a beat.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.