• FU vs. ETSU (Semifinals March 4th 6:30pm)

#678  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:53 am
Going for a school record 24th win tonight!
We need everybody in Din nation up here today!

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stumpy liked this
 #689  by CharlieFU
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:47 am
Meet me at the pre game and I will buy you a beer!
When we win, join me at Lex Ave Brewery.

4:00 pm—Pre-game gathering at Capella on 9 located on the rooftop at The AC Hotel (10 Broadway St.)
4:40 pm—Pep rally and team send-off with cheerleaders and band at The AC Hotel
6:30 pm—Game time vs ETSU (Tickets | ESPN3)
Post-game—Night cap with Furman fans at Lexington Avenue Brewery (39 N. Lexington Ave.)
Paladin82 liked this
 #690  by Paladawg
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:21 pm
Went to the contest with my son last night. Good win. Having sat through the first game between the two Tennessee representatives in the SoCon, I reached a conclusion about ETSU fans. They are to SoCon basketball today what Georgia Southern fans were to football in the late 90s and early 2000s. Loud and proud among a few other things. Furman folks need to turn out if possible. There will be a huge ETSU crowd there.

One other meaningless but amusing thing. My son bought a tournament t-shirt. Today, we realized that the official tournament t-shirt has the location of the tournament as "Ashville, NC." Would post a pic but can't seem to make it work.

Go Paladins!
FU69, AHB1188 liked this
 #693  by furpop16
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:50 pm
ETSU has us playing street-ball. Lucky we're only down by 3 ... 8-11. We're so much better when we're playing our game.
 #696  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 pm
Looks like the situation has gotten to our beloved Paladins. Not a good time to have your worst half of the year. Lucky to be down only 13.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #698  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:28 pm
Pretty pathetic offense in the opening half. 6 blocks and 8 turnovers. Thankfully down only 13, so still possible but would need a complete 180 from the first half. Stunned that we could come out like that with so much on the line. I wonder if the team feels the pressure of trying to snap the NCAA streak?
 #699  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:32 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Pretty pathetic offense in the opening half. 6 blocks and 8 turnovers. Thankfully down only 13, so still possible but would need a complete 180 from the first half. Stunned that we could come out like that with so much on the line. I wonder if the team feels the pressure of trying to snap the NCAA streak?
I think it is obvious the pressure to end this streak is a huge factor. We are not as bad as we are plying. If we just play half way decent we are in the game. We were confident last night, not so tonight.
 #700  by Paladin91
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:33 pm
fufanatic wrote:
I've said it before, but our team just doesn't have much length - we have a hard time competing with teams like ETSU and UNCG that have taller, lean, quick-fiber kind of players.
ETSU is just overall just a much quicker team - more agility. We need more of those types of players if we are ever to make it to the big dance.
The only pressure the team should feel is winning the game ahead of them. But, I'm sure the streak may in the back of their heads.
furpep, Jasper liked this
 #702  by FUBeAR
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:50 pm
Game over - we can't buy a bucket. No floor leadership.
Yeah - I saw this same movie yesterday. :cry:

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.